Thread: Fishing Partner Sought

Default Fishing Partner Sought

I will be up in Anchorage this Thursday and would like to know if anyone would like to get together to do some salmon fishing early Friday morning (from 4 or 5AM untill 10AM). I need to be at the Anchorage Golf course by Noon, so I can't travel too far. I would also be open to Halibut, Ling, etc. I will gladly share costs. Thanks, Mark (visiting from California)

Default That'd be costly

Most of the rivers local and in the valley - the fish cops will frown on you fishing before 6am.

6AM is fine. I'm not familiar with the regs. I have my license (with King stamp) already. Now I just need a partner for Friday morning...... Any suggestions are much appreciated. Thanks

Default First

read up on the regs a little bit.

Ship is kind of starting to pickup a little bit. Saw a couple hooked and landed last night and I crackered one.

If you have wheels - try shore fishing the little sue or maybe a half day charter would be your best money spent. But you won't make your golf game.

To be done and back by 10am - Ship is your only bet. You can throw spinners, a yarn fly, eggs, herring - just about anything will get you fishing - and with the nice weather we have been having it would make for a nice morning!

Thanks. I've been told by others too that Ship Creek would be a good choice. What lb test and hook size do you recommend? Also, what bait would you recommend. I was also told that a "Blue Fox Vibrax #6 in Red or Yellow with the Silver spoon" would be a good lure choice, although I have traditionally done better on bait. Thanks again, Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Mark in CA View Post
    Thanks. I've been told by others too that Ship Creek would be a good choice. What lb test and hook size do you recommend? Also, what bait would you recommend. I was also told that a "Blue Fox Vibrax #6 in Red or Yellow with the Silver spoon" would be a good lure choice, although I have traditionally done better on bait. Thanks again, Mark
    YUP, That is what I told you, when you called asking for advice....

Quote Originally Posted by Anglette View Post
    YUP, That is what I told you, when you called asking for advice....

HAHA, thats crazy..

Default A search function

on this site will net you all of your answers also. Sometimes a guy has to create some chat to get pumped up.

BTW - Ship Creek was bad last night. Twice as many people as Monday - and 1/2 the fish hooked. (ya - like 1 decent fish and 3 jacks down at the mouth).
    Last edited by Daveinthebush; 06-18-2008 at 13:24. Reason: language