Thread: need some input

Question need some input

I have a Remington 700 in .270 win. I put a leupold VX III 3.5-10x50 scope with the Boone and Crockett reticle on the gun. Has anyone checked the accuracy using the other hold points for longer distances? I have my rifle shooting very well at 100 yards and was going to adjust it on up to 200 to be set up for caribou. I can't really get out to the other range to do any actual 200 yard or 300 yard shooting. Just curious if this is accurate enough to trust or just a fancy gadget!! Eric

Bethel, Cantwell, Fort Yukon, Skagway, Chevak and Point Hope

I have not used the Leupold Boone&Crockett system but I do have several Burris scopes with their Ballistic Plex Reticle. It does work, but you really do need to shoot at the longer ranges to verify that it is working properly.

My buddy has one (same scope but 40mm) on a 270wsm and the hold points seem to be pretty darn close (out to 300yds anyway). Didn't have particularly hot loads in his, so I'd guess velocity would be about the same as a standard 270 and drops at distance would be fairly close.