Thread: Pike in/near Anchorage?

Default Pike in/near Anchorage?

I keep reading all the lakes in Anchorage are all out of pike...anyone record recent pike catches?

I guess if the pike are on the decline, it's good for stocking, but I'd like to try getting a few near home...

I've caught a few recently out of nancy lake.

Lower Fire lake in eagle river has quite a few. caught one there a couple weeks ago.

Default Nancy Lake Canoe Trail System

If you want pike then the easiest place to go in south central is the Nancy Lake Trail System. Almost all those lakes have pike in them and pretty good size. Contact http://paddlealaska.com/ for canoe rentals, they have canoes already at the trail heads for you. Grab a canoe and go, any lake you stop at or paddle through has pike and there are some pretty big fish out there. Watch your step, some of those logs, aren't logs. lol

Thanks for the replies! Will have to try Nancy Lake lakes, and maybe stop at Lower Fire on the way up .

if you have access to Ft. Rich/Elmendorf, Otter Lake supposedly has a few pike...buddy of mine saw one come to the shallows, but he wasn't able to snatch it up.