Thread: Just got back, Monday 16th

Default Just got back, Monday 16th

It was slow, to very slow(Dipped Mon. 16th from 10am to 3pm or so). Chartered with Capt Kim, where you fish from his boat for 5 hours or so at the cost of $170. Got 4 reds and lost a King. The other two on the boat, a couple, got a total of 6. The people we talked to on the cliffs who either climbed down or got dropped off all said they were not catching much at all. Third year the Sonar's big numbers tempted me down in June and third time it was very slow! Gotta stick to after July 4, seems more steady, June can be hopping but very hit or miss. River is very low and it seems the fish don't like to move when it's that low, I'm told. Oh well wasn't totally skunked and have plenty of summer left to work in another trip down.
    Paul Holland
    Board Member Chitina Dipnetters Association
    chitinadipnetters dot com

Default ****!

Sorry to hear that, you are about the third person that has informed me of really slow/sporadic dipnetting. A buddy of mine went down and overnighted on the rocks with Mark Hem, he said they caught something like 12 fish in 12 hours between the two of them. It can only get better right.

Fish ON!

Quote Originally Posted by Chitina View Post
    It was slow, to very slow(Dipped Mon. 16th from 10am to 3pm or so). Chartered with Capt Kim, where you fish from his boat for 5 hours or so at the cost of $170. Got 4 reds and lost a King. The other two on the boat, a couple, got a total of 6. The people we talked to on the cliffs who either climbed down or got dropped off all said they were not catching much at all. Third year the Sonar's big numbers tempted me down in June and third time it was very slow! Gotta stick to after July 4, seems more steady, June can be hopping but very hit or miss. River is very low and it seems the fish don't like to move when it's that low, I'm told. Oh well wasn't totally skunked and have plenty of summer left to work in another trip down.
    http://www.youtube.com/growden1

Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.