Thread: Encore Pistol

Default Encore Pistol

I am looking at purchasing one in 308 or 7mm-08. I was wondering if anyone has shot either one and what the recoil was like. I have shot a TC Contender in 7-30 waters and was wondering how they would compare to it with recoil. Thanks for any help.

Recoil is more noticeable when you get into the heavier bullets, but with lighter bullets I don't think it's all that much more than a waters. Louder, for sure! Loaded some 200 grain Noslers in the 308, and it was darned near a religious experience. Almost the same with 175's in the 7-08. With 150's and lighter, no sweat.

Default Encore pistol recoil

Hello, 450 to answer your questions I HAVE SHOT THE 7mm08 plenty. also hunted,shot a whitetail I own and shot the same gun with a 375 JDJ barrel, with 270 grain handloads. The 7mm 08 recoil is not a problem , I use 140's in that gun. As you know the encore's are a heaver gun than the contenders are, which helps in the recoil dept. If ever there was a do it all caliber for the hand gunner the 7mm 08 is it. PS I have also shot a 45 70 in the contender 16 in barrel with heavy loads and can tell you it;s a beast!! Good hunting Bill.

Thumbs up Encore Pistol

Thanks for the info fellows. I'll probably go with the 7mm08.