Thread: Bears!!!!!!!!!

eagle river ak

Exclamation Bears!!!!!!!!!

Hey folks jsut thought i would share a heads up. went hiking around north fork in eagle river valley mile 7.7 eagle river road. and there are bears galore. i found t least for diffrent sets of tracks. couple medium bears. a sow with this years cub. and a big ol boy. will load pics when i get home. but the big boys track was wider and longer then the 20 dollar bill i used for scale in the pics. not to mention i ended up jumping a bear that was just off the trail. was adolecent grizz .spotted it just i the nick of time was in tall grass and alders about 5 feet off the trail. was only 20 feet from me. barely saw his but through a small break in the bushes. .luckily he was more interested in the rooting around then he was in me. did take notice when i tried to turn my camera on to take a pic. so decide the better part of valor was to back off when he noticed me. so heres the heads up make sure u folks stay safe and aware out there. had my 12 gauge with me full of slugs and was still feeling a little squirly.

Exclamation Trail near Prudhoe, mile 10 or so ER road

Got charged by a sow and cub a week ago. Accidentally got between them and their fresh moose calve kill. It got interesting real quick. The kill site is on an unused overgrown portion if the trail.

Anchorage, Alaska

Default Bears

A Black Bear crossed the trail in front of me on the trail to The Dome this evening. No issues, it just darted into the forest.. It was about 20-30 yards away.
    Peace through superior firepower

Luke 11:21
    "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed.