Thread: Bait in Juneau

Default Bait in Juneau

I was wondering if anyone knows about using bait on the juneau road system. Here is what is causing my confision:

Page 10, SE fishing regs: The use of bait is only allowed from sep. 15-nov. 15. This regulation applys to all fresh waters, including the specific exception waters listed on pages 13-22, unless otherwise noted in specific regulations.

Page 18: Specific exeptions within juneau road system draineges: Bait is prohibited year round in the following waters: Auke lake, Mendenhall lake, Glacier lake, Moraine lake, Windfall lake, Peterson creek saltchuck, and Montana creek.

Page 9: The Juneau road system waters are high-use trout waters. High-use waters=no bait year round.
    NOTE: In a few cases, exeptions to the catigories on this page apply, and are so noted as specific exeptions on the pages following.

What I'm wondering is are you allowed to use bait sept 15-nov 15 in, say, cowee creek. Even though it is considered a high use trout water, there is no specific exeption that says you cant use bait. Wouldnt this be noted in the list of no-bait areas on page 18?

So, my main question is, can you use bait on the juneau road system?

Yes, you can in certain streams during certain times of the year. Most streams have new regulations posted at the Trailheads that will tell you.

I was also wondering, do worms count as bait? after reading the definition of bait a couple of times in the regs, i still dont know if its considered bait.

Pretty much any organic material - Or scented lures - So yes, worms count as bait :S