Thread: Day hike Recommendations?

Default Day hike Recommendations?

I will be traveling the Richardson and Denali Hwys via RV in early to Mid July. I have a few days to get from Denali NP to Valdez and wanted to do some hiking and fishing. Any suggestions on a few easy to moderate day hikes? 3-4 hrs in and 3-4 hrs out..? Would like to do some fishing as well so areas with good fishing would be a definite plus.

Thanks in advance.
    Jeff

apparently everyone is out Fishing... ha ha ha... Anyone have any good day trip hikes that they would be willing to share?

Jeff

I haven't gone on many hikes in those areas, so can't help much from firsthand experience. We did drive the Denali a few years back, and hiked around Tangle Lakes where we'd camped out. Honestly alot of hiking in Alaska is just finding a spot to pull off the road and heading out. There are countless spots along the Denali where you could do this. There is good fishing in tanlge lakes for grayling and lake trout.

The vegitation along the richardson is pretty thick, so not as many places to just pull off and hike, though before dropping down into Valdez you could find some spots.

You might want to check this website, though most of the trails mentioned are closer to Anchorage.

http://www.akhs.atfreeweb.com/

Thanks Paul.. Appreciate it.

Jeff

Red Shirt lake seems to fit the bill:

http://www.adn.com/outdoors/story/436962.html