Thread: Ouch... Suicide Run w/Limits

Default Ouch... Suicide Run w/Limits

Last night we left at around 7pm and go to the Upper Russian Campground around 8:30pm, walked down from Grayling to the ferry crossing... I dropped my brand new Ross Worldwide rod tube (thankfully I was carrying the rod) (Any chance of putting a LOST & FOUND area on here?) somewhere in the area between the Grayling hole and the Russian crossing. If anyone has it or knows about anyone who may have it, please e-mail me: Fishing didn't really pick up until after midnight when the pulses of fish seemed non-stop... my buddies and I were the only ones catching fish for a while there; 3 limits in a short period of time. We could have sold our little expanse of river for just about any price as we got nothing but sideways comments (in a good way) when we kept hooking up. Mannerisms among all were the best I've ever seen, but it's still early. We heard one gunshot that came from the lower bend in the Kenai but didn't hear of any bears or encounters. My friend broke his rod and a fella next to us that didn't know us from Adam very cordially offered one of his spares... I was pretty amazed at his generosity and we thanked him profusely. There's quite a few fish in the sanctuary so I would conjecture that there may be an early opening by the end of this week.

All-in-all, good times; I'm hurtin' this morning - 4 hours of sleep
    "He who is slow to anger is better than the mighty, and he who rules his spirit is better than he who takes a city." ~ Proverbs 16:32

Houston, AK

AHHHHHHH, the lack of sleep, the long drive, and being hungry and cold!
    WHAT A LIFE?!!! I LOVE IT!!!!
    I remember doin that, getting off work at 4 pm, driving down to the Russian, fishing, then leaving there at 2 am, just to do it all over again.

The fine joys of the suicide runs to the Peninsula!

Anchorage Alaska

Default lack of sleep

I know what you mean. Got 3 hours of sleep from Friday until last night....Fished hard, and finally got a little buck for the freezer.