Thread: Windlass Problems

Default Windlass Problems

I have a new 25ft Kingfisher and the windlass keeps balling up when I try and bring the anchor in. I tried hanging the line for an hour to get the kinks out but still no success? Any suggestions?

Hunterdad: I ran into this problem with my boat; I ended up getting a different anchor line made by New England Rope and it's worked fine for almost nine years; never had the problem again. Good luck!

Default line

Is the locker large enough that the line is able to freefall? Maybe too much line for the locker or not a large enough locker? I'd like to have a windlass, but as it is I have stomp on the line to get all 600 feet to fit in to the locker.

Default Rode

Make sure its not stacking up too high in the rope locker. That will cause problems. I have the wife knocking it down while I spool it in if I have more than 100' out. I tend to have an occasional problem lowering the anchor, gettting a loop in the windalass can be no fun.
    I'm game for the New England Rope though. Where might I find it?
    Kingfisher 2525. 225, 20, and 2hp Hondas.

You can go to their website http://www.neropes.com/ and do a dealer search, but most marine stores might carry it or know where to get it....I can't remember where I got mine (curse of old age), Seattle, maybe?

west marine sells some also. I cant remember if all their rope is New England rope, but they sell prepackaged kinds also. At least i thought they did...