Thread: Gear stolen from Chitina 6/14

Default Gear stolen from Chitina 6/14

After spending two very slow fishing days hanging from a cliff near Haley creek, we started to shuttle out fish, gear and people late Friday night (6/13). Our 4 wheeler broke down on the second to last trip, causing us to leave a few bags at our fishing hole for a few hours longer than we had hoped. We returned Saturday morning to find someone had taken one of our bags and an external frame pack, but left our nets. Due to an incredibly stupid oversight on my part (caused by very slow fishing for 36 hours with only a two hour cat nap on a steep bank) my cell phone and camera were in the bag, in addition to much more fishing related gear. If you or anyone you know were in the area of Haley creek late Friday night, or Saturday morning and have any information, please let me know. If you have these things, please, all I would like back are the memory card, sim card and licenses. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Hope you get your stuff back. Some people are just complete Aholes!!

Default siphoned gas, and stolen salmon

Several years, possibly 12 or so years ago myself, my wife, and a visitor from Nebraska went and camped one weekend. After arriving there and filling up the gas tank we camped and slept quietly in the campground across the bridge. After coffee and breakfast the next morning I started up my truck to find less than half a tank of gas reading on the gauge. I quickly looked around to see if any of the dip nets were gone or coolers. I just couldn't believe the act that happened just a few feet away from our tent as we slept. Some one siphoned our gas tank of about 10 gallons of gas from the truck. Watch out, especially now with the high gas prices! That weekend one of the other camps had complained someone had raided their coolers of salmon too during the night!

Heard of coolers stolen of bear in 2001 when you could drive and camp back there, I've never had any troubles but for the most part I have never left my gear long.

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

I was down there, year before last, I guess, and someone launched their boat up above the fishwheels, and went fishing that night. When he came back, someone had cut all the tires on his trailer.

It's not such a friendly place anymore, I reckon.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

I also hope that you get your stuff back fskaa1; Anymore, where ever I go and camp I try and make an effort to say hello to the other campers in the area and keep an eye out for one another, sometimes it helps.