Thread: Halibut set-ups, like the charters use?

Thumbs up Halibut set-ups, like the charters use?

I go halibuting but once a year and when I go it is with a charter outfit. This year a buddy is taking me and his boat to Seldovia to fish for Butts. Would someone please remind me on these setups? I think I remember a slider with weight above the leader with hook and bait. Been to sportsmen warhouse and cannot find sliders for 2 lb. weights. Am I confused or do a lot of charters use this things? Someone have a picture I can see? Thanks from a once a year Halibuter, Ken

Talking Re: Halibut set-ups, like the charters use?

Go to B & J commercial and tell them this. They will set you up.

Gusto

B And J Commercial Will Set You Up With What You Need They Are Awesome......
    BONEYARDBAITS THE BEST HALIBUT, ROCKFISH GRUBS ON THE PLANET....''06'' WORLD RECORD LINGCOD ''08'' HOMER HALIBUT DERBY WINNER''. BOTH FISH CAUGHT WITH BONEYARDBAIT GRUBS WWW.BONEYARDBAITS.COM

Default ok heres what ive done

just put a swivle on youre main line with a snap on it go to youre charter and have them snap on one of there setups ive done this several times the charter guys said they liked that i used there same set up call ahead and ask if its ok just to be sure,

He's not going out with a charter he is going out with his buddy and wants to know where to buy them. pm sent I have some for sale in the for sale section

Default 06 t man

I just looked at youre setups they are very nice look like real good quality.

Thanks rip you got some very nice products yourself i must say

Ok, this is a rig I use. Big barrel swivel, a corkscrew swivel below it for your 2# lead, and then it goes down to your hook.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.