Thread: Aftermarket skid plates

Default Aftermarket skid plates

How many of you guys are using these? I have 1 A-arm piece that doesn't want to stay in place. I have thought about going to an aftermarket one to take care of this little problem plus get a whole lot more protection. I like the one they are selling at Montanna Jacks. It is made by Warn and does have the access holes for draining the fluids, etc. Who else sells these things? Does anyone sell them locally? Thanks as usual!!
    EricL

I'm running the Richochet brand skids and am very happy with them.

Quote Originally Posted by plumber View Post
    I'm running the Richochet brand skids and am very happy with them.
    Hey Plumber, where did you get them? Anyone here in town carry them?
    EricL

My wife got them online not sure where? Believe they where in the 300 range and very good quality. Do a search you'll find them.

Default Ricochet here too

Couldnt be happier with um. Spendy though, as well as shipping up here. I had some one visiting from the outside bring them up on the airplane. Quality is outstanding. Roughly 1/4 aluminum. Glide over rocks leaving a slight "calling card" of aluminum transfer but very negligible.

Thumbs up Ricochet!

I'll have to give another vote for ricochet skid plates. I ordered mine from www.utahsportcycle.com. They sent them up here USPS saving me a lot of money and even gave me a 10% military discount. I was extremely happy with the company as well as the skid plates. I needed them for my 07 Outlander Max XT 500. They look awesome, work great, and were pretty easy to install. I'd buy these again in a heartbeat.

Hope this helps,
    Shannon

Check out Aluminum Products skid plates, I just ordered their Hook Holster/Skid plate package.

Default Reviving an older topic

Or stirring the pot....

I'm looking into aftermarket skid plates for my 700 & 550 Grizz. Those from Yamaha do not offer the protection I would like to see...the stock plastic on the rear swing arms afford more coverage for starters.

Does anyone have any experience with these?

Or this product?

Are there any other manufactures? Not just different suppliers of the the same make.

The costs seem to pencil out to be a wash. Additionally from what I can gather from the websites, the materials either are constructed of are equal.

The Ricochet from Cabela's have welded swing arm plates while the ones from Aluminum Products are two piece units to avoid "Stress crack failures", their words not mine.

I guess the other concern in choosing one product over the other would be does it fit or will the install involve a 1/2 dozen trips to Ah-Eye-Ouch, a lot of cutting, drilling, grinding, and colorful language? Some real world personal experience required here boys and girls!

Tanks...let the argument begin
    Natural Selection begins with you!

I had the full Aluminum Products Hook Holster combo on my Foreman along with their A arm guards. They saved my rig more than once when rock crawling out at the glaciers in Cordova. Worth their weight in gold in my opinion. Of course I purchased them before moving up there so I'm not sure how to go about the shipping part without paying an arm and leg.