Thread: scott trim nozzle

Default scott trim nozzle

Hi all, just installed a trim nozzle on my harbercraft 21 foot jetboat and what a difference, steering is almost like power steering and very responsive. I can also plane at a much lower speed and rpm, and from what i can tell i am saving gas already but will have to do some math on this, but so far, i went from 10 gals per hour to 7.5 per hour which comes from the lower rpm's. with the price of gas every little bit helps! Here in Dawson City gas is around $1.60 a litre so that is about $7.20 a canadian gallon!! What the hell even if it was 10 bucks a gallon you still gotta buy it. Use your air miles card and this helps when you need to get out in the winter!!

Does your boat have a Optimax motor?

i have a chevy 350 kodiak engine with a 3 stage kodiak pump.

Question info on scott trim nozzle?

Never heard of this before. I run an 18' Almar Jetsream with 351 power plant and a Hamilton 3 stage 773 jet. Is this scott trim nozzle adaptable to different units?

Scott makes nozzles for the sportjets, the old 772/773 hamiltons and kodiaks, and the hami 212 as well. They also make aftermarket impellors for the old 772/73 jets.

A buddy installed a trim nozzle on his sportjet powered riddle hull last year and it seemed to make a significant difference in how quick he could gain step. We never got around to evaluating the fuel economy aspects.

This same fellow and I have gotten a pair of 19 and a half foot riddle boats this spring with the scott 852 pumps on them, he has one of the supercharged 6.0 litre marine power motors, I have a modified LS6 aluminum motor in mine. They both have the trim nozzles on them and again, even though we've not checked out the economy aspect, the performance gain and flexibility when it comes to loading CG and such makes it a great option as far as I'm concerned.

If any of you are interested in driving a scott pump and seeing how you like the adjustable nozzles we can meet up somewhere so you can try your hand to one.

Also, Konrad Scott and his North American distributor Jeff Schlagel are planning to be here in Anchorage the weekend of August 15th if anyone cares to meet them and discuss pumps, nozzles, impellors etc... and do some boating.

I've got about 3 hours on my pump now, and I've got to say, I'm impressed...

http://www.schlagelmarine.com/

http://www.scottboats.com/

They are pricey but well worth it. Prince George Yamaha in British Columbia is a dealer for these trim nozzles and they have a wide applications for different jet units. Basically it works just like a trim on an outboard motor. I have found that you can stay on step at lower speeds, and less rpms to do so ..... so less gas used. Those of us that run the 3 stage pumps they also have a bullet nosed impellor that will increase your top end by 4 miles per hour also, I havent tried one yet.
    On another note where is the best place to go Halibut fishing in Alaska? We are planning a trip sometime in July and dragging the boat along.

July time Homer and Seward are pretty hot. You qualify for the free fishing license or Ak resident license?

Keep in touch with dates and let's see if we can hookup.

News to me i havent fished in Alaska since 1984! Homer Seward area sounds interesting we will check this out on the internet for halibut fishing. Thanks for the info.

what are the Coast guard regs for using our own boat in Alaska? Any items or info we need to know before going?

I heard somewhere that certain Canadian residents were entitled to a Ak fishing permit....worth trying to find out.

Here is the boating stuff for you.

http://www.dnr.state.ak.us/parks/boa...oatrequire.pdf

General Link

http://www.dnr.state.ak.us/parks/boating/

AKF&G

http://www.adfg.state.ak.us/

Weekly Sport Reports

http://www.sf.adfg.state.ak.us/statewide/WeeklyHome.cfm

Glad to hear some reports on the trim nozzle. I have been eyeballing them but hate that price tag that goes along with them. I just got my Scott bullet and plan to try it out this weekend. I am hoping to get a bit better hole shot and drop the cruising rpms a bit as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images

thanks for the boating stuff dupont spinner! We will keep in touch as to when we leave here.
    Bronco....Yeah they are expensive but well worth it and let me know how the new impellor works as i almost bought one but the wife figured i spent enough already! heh heh I think they are around $1500 buck here for that bullet nosed impellor.

I really want to check out your Scott setup as I am getting ready for the same with the changeable rings and trim. I had an extensive conversation with the dealer in the lower 48 and I think we are about maxed out as far as impeller without changing to a race type engine and/or an upgrade to a sprint jet setup.

I am already running a "custom" impeller so I am also interested in any 1st hand info about the bullet to see if I can gain anymore.

Pete Sake see you soon.

i will try to upload a few pics of the nozzle i have installed.