Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A few pictures from the Sound

Default A few pictures from the Sound

Patience on the hook.

A few shrimp after a 3 hour soak.

My deck hands. I love the cleaning station. No more aching backs for me!

Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Default a few more

This is what she looks like at 46+mph. Thanks Dman! That sound I hear is fuel flowing! At least I can get frequent flyer miles.

My oldest helping head the shrimp.

The two deck hands.

Default a few more

Little man fighting his first fish on Patience.

A little sable fish. The kids (both the little ones and the big ones) like jigging for these while we are anchored up for the night. They cannot resist a silver buzz bomb.

My daughter with one.

Proud Dad.

Default Last ones

Life is good!

Enjoying the sun.

Entertaining the little ones. Just an FYI, after several clockwise laps around the boats, switching directions does not help with the dizziness. But when the kids ask for one more lap what is a dad to do?

Heading back to Whittier.

Default All Smiles!

I always wondered how the cost of some of these boats (and fuel) can be justified. These pictures say it all! Experiences the kids (and adults) will have forever. Thanks for sharing...

I could really learn to hate you guys with access to PWS. Your kids are just adorable, lucky for them and you to be able to experience all of that. AND, those shrimp are making my mouth water.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskan Fly Guy View Post
    I always wondered how the cost of some of these boats (and fuel) can be justified. These pictures say it all! Experiences the kids (and adults) will have forever. Thanks for sharing...
    My feelings exactly. What price do you put on memories? I have always believed that a family that plays together, stays together. We will have to see if this holds true once the kiddoes hit the teenage years.

Just wait till they start bringing the boat back with the tanks empty all the time!
    When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.
    '08 24' HCM Granite HD "River Dog"

Quote Originally Posted by Music Man View Post
    Just wait till they start bringing the boat back with the tanks empty all the time!
    If some high fuel bills keep my kids and their friends on the straight and narrow, I will be a happy camper! Kids that are bored get into trouble. I will do my darndest (is that a word?) to keep this from happening.

Quote Originally Posted by AkRascal
    I could really learn to hate you guys with access to PWS. Your kids are just adorable, lucky for them and you to be able to experience all of that. AND, those shrimp are making my mouth water.
    Yea, but you guys get all that smoke, skeeters, and hot weather in the summer and butt cold in the winter! Life is good, no matter where in AK we reside. Just think, we could be sandbagging it in the Midwest! We will keep the kids. They have been an awesome addition!

Excellent pictures and a great thread! Your living right, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
    Excellent pictures and a great thread! Your living right, that's for sure.
    Your in Southeast, right? You aren't doing so bad yourself!

Patience,

Great shots. We really got to get together in the sound some time.
    "Ebbtide" 27 X 9 GlacierCraft
    MMSI#

Quote Originally Posted by Ebbtide View Post
    Patience,

Great shots. We really got to get together in the sound some time.
    All I need is an excuse!

I actually find it rather ironic that you bought a boat the goes about 50 mph Patience.... Now, that is a perfect name for my old, slow, but very trustworthy C-Dory 22 like mine. However, clearly your boat is a highly tuned, precisely engineered, and very fast machine. Patience needs a new name Thanks so much for letting us drool all over it. They are great pics that show a really good time. I new I should have taken the little dory out last week....

Quote Originally Posted by T.R. Bauer View Post
    I actually find it rather ironic that you bought a boat the goes about 50 mph Patience.... Now, that is a perfect name for my old, slow, but very trustworthy C-Dory 22 like mine. However, clearly your boat is a highly tuned, precisely engineered, and very fast machine. Patience needs a new name Thanks so much for letting us drool all over it. They are great pics that show a really good time. I new I should have taken the little dory out last week....
    The name "Patience" came about from the whole boat build process. Very fitting if you ask me. Especially if you ask my friends and family. Patience is a newly acquired virture for me.

Outstanding photos spoiled one !!! Can't agree more with you regarding memories. Your kids should do just fine. My friends and I grew up like that with our families and even thru our teens just continued to do what we enjoyed most - enjoying Alaska's great outdoors. NICE BOAT TOO!! Congrats to you and your family - the smiles on your kid's faces are priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by spoiled one View Post
    My feelings exactly. What price do you put on memories? I have always believed that a family that plays together, stays together. We will have to see if this holds true once the kiddoes hit the teenage years.

Awsome pictures. I 'm heading out Monday. I hope to get half as many shrimp as you did. Awsome to see kids on the water.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Quote Originally Posted by bushboy View Post
    Outstanding photos spoiled one !!! Can't agree more with you regarding memories. Your kids should do just fine. My friends and I grew up like that with our families and even thru our teens just continued to do what we enjoyed most - enjoying Alaska's great outdoors. NICE BOAT TOO!! Congrats to you and your family - the smiles on your kid's faces are priceless.
    I am not too worried, but I teach middle schoolers and see how they can turn on their parents. I will get them trained early and enjoy them now. The good thing is there is plenty of room for them to take a friend along. This may help as well as introduce someone new to our quality of life if you will.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska Gray View Post
    Awsome pictures. I 'm heading out Monday. I hope to get half as many shrimp as you did. Awesome to see kids on the water.
    Lots of shrimp to be had. You will do fine. There is a lot of flat water in the forecast. Good luck! Wish I could join you, but I have to work all week.

Great pictures! I know you and the family had a great time...you can see it all over your faces. You are right, thats what it's all about. I feel just like a kid when I have the chance to get out on the water with my son in law (DMAN) We both are very short on patience too but like you.....we are having to stand in line for DMAN's new boat to get built. I can't wait and I know that he is more than ready. Thanks again for sharing the pictures and the trip.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast