Thread: Gulkana Report

Thumbs up Gulkana Report

I'll give a brief take on my report of the Gulkana for this weekend for those who haven't heard quite yet.

The Kings are IN!

We just returned from Sourdough and the Kings were already set coming in. Not quite that far yet, but definitely at the bridge between Sourdough and Gakona.
    We had quite a few bites and I am quite sure that I snagged a King when... alas... I lost it!
    I can't share pictures, either, because it rained like crazy on us in the boat while we were out there. It was hard enough getting five kids under the age of 11 out of wet clothes and rain gear, let alone myself taking pictures.
    I only have pictures on the way there.

Looks like I have to return next week (oh... my oh my) because my dad was exchanging items between my husband's pick up and my LR... and he took the charger for our cell phones out of the husband's truck. Looks like I won't be in communication with my husband until next week when I return his phone charger to him to charge his phone.

**Please post if you have anything else to add (including plwilli!!!<--- because I know where he's fishing tomorrow!!!).
    I can't wait until next weekend!
    Lurker.

Maybe for the sake of asking, too... if anyone is going in that direction from our neck of the woods, please let me know if it's possible to send our cell phone charger with you and give you directions to where my husband is located. You would have NO idea how much I would appreciate it if you did something like that for me. I might bake fresh cookies and banana bread (with or without nuts) as to go treats as a small incentive and maybe a couple $$ in gas to save me on the time (that I don't have) to make it out there.
    Please? Someone?
    Lurker.

Default fishing

Is it true that you can not fish during the week days down on the gulkana river. if so does anyone know if its the same for the kultina also please let me know.

http://www.sf.adfg.state.ak.us/state...ns/aykregs.cfm

Gulkana is not a weekend only fishery.

You can fish during the week on Gulkana.
    Lurker.