Thread: 600 yards??

Default 600 yards??

I recently rescoped my hunting rig and am looking for a place in the Fairbanks area I can safely and legaly shoot (or try) 600 yards, any ideas where?

Cushman Range doesn't have that type of Range, See if you can talk to someone from Ft Wainwright, not sure if they would allow it, I do know Eielson opens their range for members, they have the range distance there...What are you shooting anyway?

I have contacted the 21 mile gun club and got their song and dance, offered to join, told thrm not interested in competion, just want to see what I can do w/ my old 300 H&H.
    Put a new scope on w/ a graduated reticle, will still sight in at 200yds but would like to check at 600.
    Hoping to make another sheep hunt this fall, and and have had some long range oportunities, would like to be semi-profecient in case it happens again, still looking........

Long Range Club shoot at Ft Greely this weekend. You'd have to pull targets and score for the other shooters, but you could shoot all you want during the 30 minute firing phases

www.akrifleclub.com. has the schdule..

AK rifle club has a fun match at 600 yds only at Ft Rich on 21 june, same deal...

TVS has done the some sumer solstice match over the years as well, you might get a hold of Scarborough up there, his contact ifor is on the web page above..

Thanks for the info, cant do it this weekend but will try the club again. I had contacted Scarborugh earlier and got passed around via e-mail to several members. maybe I misunderstood the info, but my impression the range was not generally not available for some target practice. i will try again, thanks

Ft. wainwright only allows you to shoot out to 300 yards.

I would not expect to use the military range for any thing other than an event licensed by Range Control. Logisitics, scheduling, communications plan, permissions, range approved OIC, RS0, an RTO, sometimes posting road and berm guards, and more are all required to sign out the KD ranges.

Doable, hook up with one of the clubs that put this all together.