Thread: Eklutna ????? one weekend a month

Exclamation Eklutna ????? one weekend a month

Ok Everybody i have a question after one ride last year back Eklutna
    and seeing the nice camp grounds the rangers have set up I was wondering as an atv rider that works 6 days a week that it would be cool if just one weekend a month we could ride the trail on saturday aswell then a guy like me could take his grandson back and enjoy thoose camp sites
    So my question is how would a person go about trying to get that working???? I talked to a ranger and he said right letter and talk to people to get it approved and all he would have to do is make new signs say which weekend it would be So anybody else like the idea and if so who knows who to right and ask??????
    Larry

I have no problem with it. Although Eklutna is a beautiful place, I get pretty bored after about 2 rides per season. I am thinking of taking my dad camping out there in August when he comes up. I really is a very nice place. You may write up a generic letter that other can use and sign. Thanks for the idea.
    EricL

I'm all for the idea also. I happen to be lucky that my days off are Monday and Tuesday. I would start by looking up who the head ranger for the Chugach State Park is and contact him/her.

If you're going to advocate for that, you might consider suggesting a trade in that one Saturday a month would be atv-accessible and one Sunday a month would be closed to atv use. If you're willing to compromise, you might be far less likely to encounter resistance.

Default what about giving up one sunday

Ok brian has a valid point what would you guys that have riden eklutna
    think fo giving up one sunday for one saturday
    and your right eric but the closeness and accesability makes it very nice
    which is what has made me think of this so keep the feed back going guys
    and you know maybe some one who has delt with theese thing from the atv club could chime in with ideas of how to start this
    Larry

Default Eklutna

I am all for it also, it would be nice if I could load up my five year old on a Saturday and take him in for an overnight. I would be more than willing to help with a letter or sign one. I have found that the folks in the office where they rent the cabins are pretty open, if approached correctly. I do not know how far up the ladder that it would have to go to get approval though!

Good luck, let me know if you want a hand with this.

Default Not a bad idea

But what about just taking one Monday off from work? Might be easier.

I see the fancy new neighborhood got the Kincaid Motocross closed on Mon and Tues. Kind of like the neighbors got shooting restricted at Rabbit creek.

Once something is closed, it's seems hard to open.

If you "right" a letter, I will sign it. It's a nice easy ride and pretty.

Maybe a petition signed by many people would help your cause. I'm not sure the 10-20 people that are regulars on here would make much of a difference to get it opened on Sat. Why isn't it open 7 days a week anyways?