Thread: George Lake

Default George Lake

Anyone fish George Lake? How hard is it to get through the creek? ANyone have a number for the lodge? How far is it from Delta Junction?

saw the paper didn't you, I was wondering the same lol

Fishing can be very good, to spotty depending on how much they were decimated by ice fishermen. Getting there is tricky...I think you could get into serious trouble without some experience handling high speeds in SMALL water. There are time the creek is virtually impassable, but based on the pics in the newsminer this must not be one of those times. In the best conditions, you'll have to "skip" your boat over a log or shelf or 2. Not for the timid and not for a prop ever. The boat launch in to the Tanana (then go down river about 5-10 minutes, slough comes in on your right) is about 25-35 minutes past Delta towards Tok.

Default report

well i didnt go but 3 of my coworkers went on the opener. they said the ride in was a little tricky but it was there first time gon in there. they had a sport john and they did hit bottom a couple times but not bad. as for the fishing they didnt do to good in the morning but the after noon they killed them theyu didnt get any real big ones but numbers were there. they use rapalas and spoons and a few vibrax good luckand happy fishing