Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Get ready Kodiak, the reds are coming!

Default Get ready Kodiak, the reds are coming!

Check the weir counts, the reds are coming up the Buskin! It's about time, anyone out there fishing? The numbers are low, but they are slowwwly building.

Default Bump!!!!

Bump!!!!!!!!!

Cool,
    they seem a little late this year.
    At sea, it's force not reason that confers sovereign rights

Thumbs up

Good deal! I am on my way.

6 weeks still for me.

Default Saltery Cove returnee...

July ninth on island!

Rosenberg/Florida
    "Two decades researching and defining fishing opportunities in the Last Frontier!"

Quote Originally Posted by Bernard R. Rosenberg View Post
    July ninth on island!

Rosenberg/Florida
    Planning another trip in September? I'd really like to wet a line with "the author" I have read your book 7 or 8 times now!

Default September on the fly...

Word is my wife will be comped a free cruise up the Inside Passage as a reward from her company. The trip includes her spouse (me, the lucky guy) and will last a week.

If she gets the trip, I will be able to stagger my return home to FL and re-connect out of Seattle to AK and then hop to Kodiak before returning to FL. This should be the third week of September if all goes well.

This circumstance does not allow me to plan and book anything ahead of time. (something you know I write about and advocate as cost saving) That means I'm on the fly looking for any opportunities in acommodations and comingling with anyone local for angling adventure.

If anything is available within those paramenters, therein is a good story for a magazine article.

Glad you enjoyed the book. I was the same years ago when I discovered AK and devoured and then redevoured everything in print...

Rosenberg/Florida
    "Two decades researching and defining fishing opportunities in the Last Frontier!"

Depending on our housing situation, we may have a place for you and your wife to stay. Keep me updated, and maybe I can help arrange something. Have fun in July you lucky dog!

The run is way behind. Only 800 fish total on Sunday! Normally over 8,000. This is the lowest returns in history. I hope they are just late but if not, it will be bad year for the Buskin.

Yeah, really slow. I hope the silvers come in good this fall.

Default Pasagshak

Spoke the folks over at Cy's and they said that some people are getting their limits down on the Pasagshak, but you'll have to work to get them.

Anyone getting char? What about the kings at Monashka? Aren't they due?

Hammered the char tonight at pillar creek. 25 min. of fishing with my oldest daughter netted 4 nice 17-20 inch dollies. Even with the good action that was about as long as I could hold her attention then it was off to play with the frisbee...............kids

What were they hitting on, KB?

Smile Heating Up

While the rivers are a little slow the ocean is really picking up. Took the wife and friends out the other day for about 4 hours. Wife got this nice 100lb halibut on 30 pound test. Got our halibut and two kings....great day.
    Attached Images Attached Images

You guys are making me drool. I still have one very long month until I set foot on the island...

Default Manashka Kings?

Can you still fish for kings on Manashka?.....is it just restricted to downstrean from the bridge?

Quote Originally Posted by mnfish365 View Post
    What were they hitting on, KB?
    Rainbow trout crocadile spoons. As far as the Monashka bay kings I believe it's open below the bridge but from everyone I've talked to not much has come in yet and it's a pretty tiny run to begin with

Is there anywhere on the Island to try for Kings from the shore...other than Monashka?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast