Thread: Haul Road lodging

Default Haul Road lodging

I am heading up to Happy Valley mid August to fly out for Caribou and need information on places to stay north of Coldfoot. We really don't want to setup camp for the night and then break it down in the morning so was looking for some kind of lodging. I know lots of people on this forum have talked about hunting the haul road so there should be lots of good information.

Thanks.

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by Bullwinkle50 View Post
    I am heading up to Happy Valley mid August to fly out for Caribou and need information on places to stay north of Coldfoot. We really don't want to setup camp for the night and then break it down in the morning so was looking for some kind of lodging. I know lots of people on this forum have talked about hunting the haul road so there should be lots of good information.

Thanks.

Randy
    There are some Motel 6s but ya have to hike in 5 miles off the road to use them

It's either Coldfoot or Prudhoe Bay. There is nothing in between.
    "Beware the man with only one gun; he may know how to use it."

Quote Originally Posted by Kay9Cop View Post
    It's either Coldfoot or Prudhoe Bay. There is nothing in between.
    Wiseman is a few miles further up the road I know there is lodging that caters to winter tourists and would imagine they also accept summer guests.

There is a short road out to wiseman, not sure it is open all year. As many times as I have been on the Haul Rd I have never been to Wiseman. There is lodging in Coldfoot, and at Deadhorse. Not sure about Wiseman. Nothing else up there.
    Gun Control means hitting your target.
    "Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley
    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"

Default thoughts

I would not waste your time. sleep in the truck or have a tent you can throw up real quick. just use what you need. That way you can get back on the road quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by Graybeard View Post
    There is a short road out to wiseman, not sure it is open all year. As many times as I have been on the Haul Rd I have never been to Wiseman. There is lodging in Coldfoot, and at Deadhorse. Not sure about Wiseman. Nothing else up there.
    It's open year around, more action in the summer-GOLD

There are at least two places to stay, one is this lodge.

http://www.boreallodge.com/

Default Lodging

Thanks for the info guys. Looks like it will probably be the back of the truck somehwere along the road.

Randy

A tent and wide spot along the road.
    Now what ?

Prudhoe Bay inn is the only hotel I know of... Or just pull up some tundra and camp on it.. Cheaper that way.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK