Thread: binocular harness?

Default binocular harness?

Need help on a harness for the new Minox. What does everyone use? What works and what doesn't work? Where did you get it? I really think that I want something that has a protective cover with it. I was looking at the one at Cabelas because it's the only one that I can find with a cover. Any help would greatly appreciated.

This is what I use. So far it is great but it is not fool proof... If you launch a sled 30 feet off a cornice and land in 7' of powder you will get snow past the "bino shield".

They also have a harness on the site but I checked it side by side with the cheaper allen harnes at sportsmans and they are the same product only the Allen is about $5 cheaper.

The two work together as a system. They are pretty neat you can check them both out at sportsmans. After my experiance snogo hunting this spring I now wear my binos under my jacket in the winter but will definately be wearing this setup for all other situations!

+1 to what Lujon said. I use the same set up with my Minox with great result. I bought it at SW.

regards

Lou

Default Binoc Sock

Mine are called Binoc Socks. http://www.binocsock.com/

Same theory as the thing LuJon posted, but looks like one fewer strap.

Waterproof? No. But they keep the spruce needles and big raindrops off.

And I can wear my pack over them - even heavy - without worrying about the binocular straps or clips cutting into my shoulders. They really do keep the weight off your neck, and the binos don't bounce all over the place if you're scurrying along bent over, or climbing something steep.

Default thanks

I appreciate the help. I took Lujon suggestion and just ordered one. We'll have to see how it goes.

i'm not a fan of the bino bra, i change layers often and those extra straps are a reall annoyance, i just leave the top bottom of my jacket/or whatever undone and drop my binos down my coat, works great, they dont' bounce, stay warm and clean and i can take them on and off without asking my client to untwist my strap....how embarresing..
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Default good point

BrwnBr - you certainly make a good point and that may be the end result. It may just depend on the time of year. I'll admit that I'm a gadet guy and would rather have it and not need it that wishing that I had something to make things a little easier

I got mine at Sportsman's Warehouse. Not sure what the brand is. Same type of product posted above. Mine works great. Keeps rain and debris off of the binoculars and is still easy to get them in/out with one hand. Keeps them tight to my chest, no bobbing around or extra weight around my neck.

Mark

I got one at Sportsmans Warehouse a few years ago, too.

It just broke, at the beginning of a float trip last week.

I use a bino buddy. Don't mind the straps because it is nice to have binos handy when you need them. I bought two Butler Creek flip up scope covers to use on my binos to keep them dry. I went to a optics/camera webiste (can't recall the name of it) and found a generic eyepiece lens cover that had a flexible rubber piece between the covers. I ziptied it to my bino buddy. So my glass is protected and stays dry yet when I flip the eyepiece cover off I do not lose it.

Brian

Sounds like a slick trick any way you could post a couple pics of how you set it up?

Default lens covers

went to this web sight and ordered a set of the covers and they worked great on my Minox http://www.binoculars.com/binocular-...7965+10452.cfm I liked them so much that I'm ordering a full set to cover the eye pieces as well.