Thread: Looking for Gulkana Kings Reports/Updates

Default Looking for Gulkana Kings Reports/Updates

Anyone?

Blue Moose?

Looking to float down from Poplar to Bridge soon or should I give it a while?

Question Looking for news also

Thinking of heading down myself, any word to help plan would be appreciated!

Default newsminer

outdoor section said "anglers are catching kings in the gulkana and the first kings of the season have passed the counting tower above sourdough boat launch, an indication there are kings spread out in the river. Water is low and clear. As of Sunday only 6 kings had been counted at the tower".

That's about all I know.

Cody

does anyone know if they post the actual tower count or the extrapolated count?

also does anybody know what % of the kings the tower actually sees?

(Having worked on a tower we rarely saw kings and only counted 1/6th of the extrapolated run)
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Pretty sure I remember seeing a 1/6th deal with that tower too. As for the Outdoors Report, guys should know that it seems to be about a week late consistently.

Default Rain water and Kings

It rained like well it can rain on the upper over the past two days. Water came up and became discolored. Concerning the fish counts it is the multiple equation they use so if they saw one fish it turned into 6 fish.

Josh from King Fishers landed a few fish last week. We were entertaining upper river clients last week.

One fished pulled from Sailors on Sunday that I am aware of. Tom and Kevin are down as I type pounding eggs however I have not been reported to on how bad the water was i.e. if dropping and clearing. There are fish in the enitre system through the forks but not Great numbers yet.

With the Water coming up over the past several days it can only get better. Being that they are calling for high pressure and clear sky's Sunday might not be a bad bet for cactuning something bright.

Default gulkana a little slow

Rain Tuesday night in lower river and off/on upriver through Thursday has thrown off the color. Fished hard the last week everyday and hooked 10 fish in 7 days. I would what a little for the color to return and more fish to enter before driving to far! Klutina has been slow for reds to. If you want to beat the water for 6 hours you'll get fish but its still not hot!

Great replies, thanks! And keep it up!

Hey Moose, is your 18ft cat spoken for around the last week of July?

bump this up?

Default Yes and River Update

Still Raining just about every night just in case you wish to know! Water still off and the fishing is still somewhat slow compared to years past on the lower lower river.

We rafted and fished down to the Tazlina from the Gulkana on Monday not a lot of good things happening however there are fish still staging down low so if the water ever drops to normal levels things should be picking up.

Suggest if your Boucing Roe go large 7/0 hooks larger than normal egg sack.

Tom and Kevin are camped at Sailors so stop in and get a daily if your down there.

Tight Lines!

Blue Moose

The latest?