Thread: Learned from mistakes and Scored

Talking Learned from mistakes and Scored

Finally stuck one Monday night being in the stand only 30mins. The big boy strolled end owning the place and, layed down in front of the barrel. I used my buddys range finder the Friday before So I knew he was 35yds this time, and pegged him, ran maybe a little more than 70yds. My legs were shacking so much I all most had to sit back down when I went to stand up too shoot. We struggle and hour and half to get him on the back of the four-wheeler. Strolled in the door around 2:30 am and still made my dentist appt. at 8am. I believe I have a new suicide run to heck with the Russian.
    He is missing a front K-9 and had to be grumpy bear with some serious pain with his tooth being shattered. Also has anyone out there missed a bear up near Trapper Creek/Talkeenta anytime soon. He had a clean cut open wound right on the top off his back that didn't look to old.
    We roughly squared him at 6'9.5" Will see what the Taxidermist says.
    I forgot both video and digital camara at the house but had my trusty 35mm in the truck. Will drop the film off tomorrow. But here are a few pics of the bear after it was skinned finished butchering him today or would have posted earlier. Will
    Attached Images Attached Images

That's Nice Looking Bear

There is no turning back now. You just thought that you were addicted before. Way to go. Nice Bear.

Default Nice Bear!!

That's a trophy, and the hide looks really good for so late in the season.
    If you're interested, Mike's Meats in Eagle River makes really good Polish sausage out of bear meat. It's fully cooked, so no worry about Trichinosis, but you have to take the meat in fully boned. They made me a batch from my bear this year (much smaller than yours) and I'm really pleased-

Congratulations on such a nice bear. Life will never be the same. A good thing!