Thread: Juneau ??

Default Juneau ??

I will be in Juneau for a couple of days for work July 1st,2nd,3rd. Was wondering if anyone had advise as to were I could do some fishing after work while I am there? I will have a rental car, no cash, and no access to a boat of any kind. Is there somewhere I could drive to and fish for a few hours in the afternoon to evening? Species not important but preffer to only have to bring fly gear if possible.
    Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"

Depends where you will be working, but a good central place is the Channel, down by the bridge. It is downtown.

Default channel?

Where at downtown? (best road to access) What type of gear should I bring (spinning rod set up for spinners or bait or fly rod) What type of fish to expect (kings, silvers, reds,??) Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"

You might want to try the DIPAC hatchery. In early july there will be chum salmon everywere you look and a couple of kings. You can use any kind of rod there.

Go see brad and by some flys from him....he will fill you in...D

Default Brad ??

Where can I find this "brad" ? If he is at a fly shop what is the name of the shop and were is it located? Sounds like I should bring a 10 wt if there will be chums and kings around. How about waders, chest waders needed or would hip waders be sufficient. Thanks for all of the responces, I get tired of going to various cities in Alaska and having to just sit around the hotel after work.

Default It was a test

http://www.juneauflyfishinggoods.com/ He is right downtown. Nice fellow...D

Juneau fly fishing goods is on the 2nd floor of the Senate Building, which is on Franklin street, the main downtown street in juneau.

You can also check out Alaska fly fishing goods (see link below) for additional info.

Default links

Thanks for the links as they were very informative. Definetly my first stop will be the fly shop. Sounds like I can leave the spinning gear at home .