Thread: Gas is going to be the new predator control

Default Gas is going to be the new predator control

I just wonder if the F&G has taking this in to account. Prices not only for gas and food and all other things, are most likely to drive people to do something they would'nt normally do. Just a thought, E.S.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_skipper View Post
    I just wonder if the F&G has taking this in to account. Prices not only for gas and food and all other things, are most likely to drive people to do something they would'nt normally do. Just a thought, E.S.
    You mean like stealing gas or going bowling? Or keeping the human 'predator' out of the woods... ? I've got a locking gas cap and I'm not staying home!

bd

Its affecting the aerial wolf control this year, ADF&G came out with control numbers way below the numbers they wanted. Fuel prices would have to have an effect on the amount of time guys spend in the air.

I wonder how many moose and caribou racks will get left behind this fall, because it would cost 500.00 dollars or more to retrieve them.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author

Quote Originally Posted by jkb View Post
    Its affecting the aerial wolf control this year, ADF&G came out with control numbers way below the numbers they wanted. Fuel prices would have to have an effect on the amount of time guys spend in the air.

I wonder how many moose and caribou racks will get left behind this fall, because it would cost 500.00 dollars or more to retrieve them.
    I don't doubt it ...higher gas prices mean fewer fishers and hunters and cheaper trips. Boats will run full instead of just 2 buddies... etc.

Brian

Default well lets think about it:

Ok, we have to have the money to go out and buy gas to either go to the store, or the woods, or the rivers. The stores are pretty much a sure thing,(depending on what you can afford ). Obeying the hunting and fishing laws , I would agree that only the well to do people are going to get their walls decorated let alone get the meat. Myself, I don't hunt for the horns anyway, shot 17 moose and only have 1 set of horns,( my first I was 13 ). Lets talk fish at the stores, I heard it was 30 bucks for 2 filets in fairbanks ( 1 fish ) Meat, getting up there but not quite as fast as other products ( milk, bread,rice,etc.) Now lets say there was a moose wander through my back yard, if I shot that moose and got away with it, how much more money would I have to spend on the mentioned above. So how many of other people have had this same thought, probably alot. If I'm off base here then there's some pretty rich people on here. Just a thought about the way things are headed. I'm not sure we need to worry about the wolfs and the bears, because when the moose are gone were going to be eating them. ( And I'm not going bowling either, the price of that is probably out of my range) Have a good day all E.S.

I think people will re think about making trips... In the past of just jumping in the car and heading to the Ruissin for an example. Now they will check to see if the fishing good before going out. And may even car pool..

Hutning will be the same.. Example
    Haul rd. I could in the past make a round trip up there for around $250.
    Now that same trip would cost me around $550- $600...

So now I will not go alone.. Atleast I will take one or even to buddies with me.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Default Clown Car

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska Gray View Post
    So now I will not go alone.. Atleast I will take one or even to buddies with me.
    I think I just wet myself.

Visualize:

The Haul road... Ford Focus with five hunters (Ford says it has five seats) piling out for a spike bou.

Barnum and Bailey's will have some competition.

I think I'll bring my video camera this year... could be worth $10,000 on American's Funniest Videos!

I saw 9 adults on just ONE four wheeler when I was out at Kalskag a few years ago. I think they had room enough to straddle one bou across the three guys' laps hanging over the back rack.

Quote Originally Posted by Stogey View Post

Visualize:

The Haul road... Ford Focus with five hunters (Ford says it has five seats) piling out for a spike bou.

I think I'll bring my video camera this year... could be worth $10,000 on American's Funniest Videos!

That is to funny.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

I have the Ford Focus! It will seat 5 of us, with hubby and I, that leaves 3 seats! Stogey, you have to promise to share that $10,000 it might pay for the gas!

Quote Originally Posted by Stogey View Post

Visualize:

"In the interest of protecting my privacy I will no longer be accepting Private Messages generated from this site and if you email me, it better be good!"