Thread: Need some information

Default Need some information

Got a friend who picks up there new wheelers in a day or two. They live down on the Kenai and were wanting to ride. I have heard about the Caribou Hills area. Does anyone have any information on where to ride or things to see in this area? Not looking for anything to aggressive until they get their feet wet (not literally). If there are any other areas for riding between Turnagain Pass and Soldotna, I'd be interested in those as well. Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to provide.
    EricL

Good luck with that. I wouldn't even own a wheeler if i lived down there I hauled my wheelers all the way down there to ride some dumb oil well right of way, one time. Nothing to speak of anywhere from anchorage on down to there.

Caribou Hills has miles of trails to ride, but it is mostly mud. If your friends are beginner riders, the hills are probably not the place to take them. I agree there are very few (if any) trails to ride between Soldotna and Turnagain.

Quote Originally Posted by dws View Post
    Good luck with that. I wouldn't even own a wheeler if i lived down there I hauled my wheelers all the way down there to ride some dumb oil well right of way, one time. Nothing to speak of anywhere from anchorage on down to there.
    So there is nothing down there?

Can unload near Bertha creek for a 1/2 mile ride :-) Great panning.
    Last edited by junkak; 06-12-2008 at 00:17. Reason: Gold mention

Lots of those Federal red gates on the way to Soldotna though. Nothing is more sad than finding a new red gate.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author