Thread: The rumor I heard

Default The rumor I heard

The rumor I heard..........is that the Deska may get shut down on Friday with yet to be determined for the Little Su. The concern is that the Little Su cannot handle the overflow of people from the Deska.

I expect the powers to be will hold out for results for the Parks highway streams before acting on the Little Su.

I have not heard of any fish coming from Willow yet so who knows.

I wonder if we are getting a taste of what is happening to California and Oregons salmon runs.
    "You have given out too much reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later".

I think its a bit premature for that. Lets all hope for our sake this is not true. From everything I have gotten from the fish and game they are out in the inlet.

Default Rumors...

...nasty rumors. The year I move to Alaska, the King Salmon became extinct.......I am moving back to Colorado (after I shoot a dal and a girzly bar).

OR - maybe they are just late?

Going on nearly a month late?

One more month and I can get Kings with my silvers if the season is adjusted accordingly.

I hope the fish are just late also but this is way late.

It is usually around the 15th that the guides all fish up from the Burma landing because that is where the bulk of the fish are.

I told my dad to schedule the end of his trip for around the 24th because the Kings are pretty raunchy by then and that is when I about call it a season for the Little Su.
    "You have given out too much reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later".

I remember a King run that didn't get going till the third week in June, it was before Al Gore discovered the inter-net. Back in 75, 76 or 77? In fact it would not be the first time the state shut down a river only to have to reopen later.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tryants." (Thomas Jefferson

Default Possible closure likely....

A seasoned Little Su veteran predicts an impending closure... fish just ain't there.

Sometimes it's just what ya gotta do for the sake of the fish.

Long Live the Kings!
    "Let every angler who loves to fish think what it would mean to him to find the fish were gone." Zane Grey
    http://www.piscatorialpursuits.com/uploads/UP12710.jpg
    The KeenEye MD

just got off the phone with the fisheries biologist for this area Dave rutz stated that if the count at the weir did not reach 2000 by this evening that they would put a no bait on the deshka and weekend only fishing. Also talked about 1 king a year from the deshka. The order is at the state level right now expects to be effective friday ...This is straight from Dave at fish and game. Little su will most likely follow suit.

Lets hope that our resource is protested at all cost and that residents are given more priveledge than others. Subsistance as a way of life has to be preserved for those of us that can survive Alaska all year round.

Default No fish

at ship either - are they going to shut it down also?

I am all for protecting the resource - as long as IF they come in they re-open it, if not, I want my king stamp money back - i can't catch one anyway