Thread: fly in at Sterling

Default fly in at Sterling

Bob Breeden is having a fly in at his new air strip in Sterling this Saturday. I will post his cords tomorrow as I lost the paper he gave me with them on it.
    His place is located-- though for anyone that wants to know is east of sterling just off the Sterling hwy at Atkins road. He said he would have a BBQ going and everyone is welcome to come over. Wheel plane or in your car. He has done a nice job with this airstrip and the landscaping is nice too. I see he had a new hangar being built, and has large lots available for sale. 5 acres and more per lot. right on the airstrip, cool the prices are great too.
    Bob came by my place this early summer to rent rafts for day trips down the Kenai river. He is a really nice man with a great family.
    This summer we had some irresponsible customers attempt to canoe down the Kenai canyon in a couple of my Coleman type canoes. (They told us when the rented the canoes they were going to paddle up the Moose river which is almost no current at all.).. They went down the upper Kenai instead and soon were swamped in the first rapid of the Kenai Canyon and one fellow had to be rescued. The canoes went on down the river and one of the canoes was picked up by a rafter and placed on the bank. Bob flew the area in his plane and found the location of the canoe. next thing I know the Federal fish and game drop it by my house. thanks to Bob and his efforts. We thought the other canoe was a total lose as no one had seen it for several weeks. But the other day Bob called and said he had flown the river again and saw the second canoe washed up on a shoreline above Skilak.
    My dealings with Bob have been nothing but enjoyable and he seems to be a very honest and fair man. If you want to fly down on the Kenai this weekend a meet a nice bunch of people and grab a little BBQ on the side, stop on down. I drove over to his place this last sunday for the first time and could not believe how nice a job he has done.
    I will put the cords in tomorrow
    Max

Default alaska airpark

the location for the fly by - only 12 NM East of SXQ at 60 31.80 N and 150 37.50 W.
    Drive by Turn North at Mile marker 77 Sterling hwy to the sign on Left.
    WWW.alaskaairpark.com