Thread: Deepcreek / Ninilcheck

Default Deepcreek / Ninilcheck

Im new to jet boating.I have a 21' jetcraft and was wondering how it is to launch out of Deepcreek or the Ninilcheck river. I know there is a mud/gravel launch at the Ninilcheck harbor. Never seen anyone use it though. Is this a good place to pratice or should I go to Homer harbor? What time of the tides can I get back in? How is the Deepcreek launch? Thanks for any info. Ol'Glenn

Default Launching Jet boat.

Im asuming you have'nt taken it out at all yet and have absolutley no excperience with a jet at all. I would'nt try putting in at a creek for you first test drive. A lake is your best bet to figure out how it handles and for you to get experienced with how to manuver a jetboat. It does take a bit of skill and practice, would'nt recommend taking it out of homer either with no experience or you may find yourself in a bad situation. Hope this is helpful in your decision and good luck with your boat.

Anchorage Alaska

Default I watched

a 24 foot prop boat put in before high tide - the water is fairly deep, and slow at the put in. You would want to walk the outlet at the mouth good at a low tide - in waders probably, to see where the rocks are.

I watched the coast guard try to come in just before high tide in a little rubber boat (fiberglass bottom I assume) and they backed off and waited for high tide and then came in on step. A jet boat should be no problem, but you should find the obstacles first.