Thread: Russian River Parking

Default Russian River Parking

I was wonderng that if you stayed in one of the near by campgrounds if you could just ride your bike to the russian river parking area without having to pay? Or would you still have to pay the fee even if you were on your bike?? i don't see how they could give you your 6 hour limit on parking if you just locked your bike up somewhere and you were not taking any of the parking spaces. Even if there are not that many places to lock up your bike it still seems like it could work.

You dont get charged or have to wait if you ride your bike. But the road is dangerous, I wouldnt do it. I park in the overflow outside the gate, it costs a few $ but you can ride in.

Default Russian River parking fee increase

FYI, just read in the Daily News that the Russian River parking fee is $11 this year -- up from $8 last year. So after you spend $100 filling your tank, don't forget to carry some extra cash for parking.

Stay at the Russian River Campground, go the to Greyling parking lot, and go down the stairs from there. It brings you right onto the Russian and not far from the Kenai River.

Anyone know where I can get a season pass for parking at Cooper Landing and Sportsmans lot?

Default overflow parking

Where is the overflow parking at Russian River Campground? Before the check in shack I am assuming?

Quote Originally Posted by sculpin View Post
    Where is the overflow parking at Russian River Campground? Before the check in shack I am assuming?

Yep.
    There is a right turn just before the check in shack.

Default Thanks

Knowing how long the line gets just to get up to the shack, is there a way to by pass this directly to the overflow parking or do you have to wait until you reach the shack?

You go right past it on the way out, I guess you could sneak in the exit.
    I never go to AK in the summer, I show up after labour day when most of those dang tourists have left!!!

Default Thanks

I'll have to check it out. Can't say I blame you for not coming in the summer.

parking is $ 10.25 this year, and the ferry costs $9.25 this year, so if you are going park at the ferry and going to take the ferry across make sure you bring $19.50 with you.
    Some people call it sky busting... I call it optimism
    "Swans are a gift" -DucksandDogs
    I am a shoveler's worst nightmare!

If your parking in overflow at the russian just go by everybody on the left untill you get to the shack and turn right. Over flow is just down on the right. If you have campground reservations go to the left to pass the people waiting to park and wait for them to wave you up. Fee's are up all over down there
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Default Get creative when you park

Quote Originally Posted by chumstik View Post
    Russian River parking fee is $11 this year
    Try this to save a few bucks. Find another person that also needs to park. Get a campsite for $18. Split the cost. And you won't have to vacate after 12 hours, you get to stay till noon the next day.

Default The problem is

Your not gonna find an open campspot. That place is booked up through the next 10 to 14 days. They hold a couple each day in the morning for first come first serve but it is a small number. So it is either park or make reservations in december
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight