Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fishing Carpool Thread

Default Fishing Carpool Thread

We already have the Open Seat thread, but the vast majority of those posts are concerning open seats on boats. Since more fisheries are opening up and the price of gas is so high, some of our members might find it useful to share rides to the Kenai Peninsula, the Parks Highway Streams, Gulkana and beyond. If you're heading out and have room to take along another person or two, feel free to post the trip dates and details here. Posts will be deleted after the trip date to keep this thread current.

Default or even

or even if you need another truck so nobody has to hitch hike come here to post for a ride!!! good stuff brian.... dig the new thread.

Default Anchorage to the Russian

After reading Brian M's account of he and Sodabiscuit's time on the Russian, I'm feeling the need to get down there soon. I've never fished the Russian and have only fished for reds once (landed 3 last summer on the Kenai), so I'd prefer to go with someone who's familiar with the area. I'm more than happy to drive my pickup- in fact I prefer to drive. Problem is I teach yoga every night Sunday through Thursday and at my day job can't get Fridays off and have to work every other Saturday from 10a to 2p. I'm looking for anyone who'd like to go, can jive with my time constraints, can help with gas, and doesn't mind fishing with a relative newbie. Also nothing more than an overnight because I've got a dog that I don't want to dump on my landlady for too long. I gotta get in on this action before I get any busier this summer.

Default Russian River

I fly down to Cooper Landing a couple of times a week after work or on weekends mostly. Wildman's taxi charges $3 a mile and its 10 miles from the strip to grayling parking so around $60 total. Can haul up to 3 people to split costs of taxi and maybe a little extra for the plane. 45 minute flight from Merrill, sure beats driving.

Let me know when your thinking about heading down. Last time down we left anchorage around 7pm and returned by 11pm with our limit.

Default Russian River

Now that the sanctuary is open, I am willing to take a car load to the Russian tomorrow (Friday) from Anchorage. Would prefer to leave really early (6 AM?) and get back as soon as we limit. I am going to Willow the next day (Saturday) for Kings and would take people with me if that interests you too. I got no raft though. Planning on hiking down from the campground to a couple of the better holes, hoping they are there. PM me, or better yet, email me at philcannon2@gmail.com if you want a ride. Just split the gas and that's it.

Default Going to Homer Soon!!!

Headed down on the 15th of July. Will be driving to Homer from Anchorage. I will be staying for two days then off to Ninilchik for two days then Kenai for 3 days and mabey seward for a day and a half. Any one needing a ride is welcome. I should have room for two people!
    Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Default Chitina

I am threatening to run down to Chitina for an overnight 4th of July weekend. I may depart Friday or possibly Thursday if I get enough interest.

I am a newbie to Chitina dipping but have gear and looking to learn. I can take up to 3 additional riders (F150 Super Crew). Split the gas evenly. Any takers? Please call 622-1234 and leave a message I will get back to you ASAP.

Drew

Default Second Swing at Chitnia

I am threatening to run over to Chitina from Anchorage for an overnight departing the afternoon/evening of 17 July and returning the 18th or 19th depending on how we do.

I am a newbie to Chitina dipping but have gear and looking to learn. I can take up to 3 additional riders (F150 Super Crew). Split the gas evenly. Any takers? Please call 622-1234 and leave a message I will get back to you ASAP.

Drew

Default Kasilof Bound!

I am heading to the Kasilof this sunday-monday or monday-tuesday, depending on work. would love to have one or two/three people ride with to help split gas and to have someone to gab with on the drive down. I have a Honda passport and it should fit most everything... I guess the only thing is I think I am going to stay the night, unless I can limit out quick, right after midnight on the second day... Let me know if you want in...

Default Tuesday 5 Aug

I'm in Anchorage and will be droping my son off on Elmendorf at 7am. I was planning an overnight trip but that can't happen for another week or thereabouts so i'm looking for a buddy to fish any mat su stream up to sheep crk for the day to return before 6pm. PM me and lets go catch some fish because my freezer is empty and i wanna catch some while it still feels like summer. Ohh yea, we can go S. to bird as well.

Heading out to Ninilchik around July 15th -- not sure of return time...Can take one person. (Bed of truck will have limited room, due to ice chests/camping gear.)

Smile Worth mentioning here...

ALASKA RAFT CONNECTION has shuttle services already running for Willow and Montana Creeks as well as Upper Kenai River.

Option A. We shuttle you back up to your vehicle parked at put-in on your schedule

Option B. We shuttle you from put in to take-out in advance so that your vehicle and/or trailer is parked at take-out.

Option C. Our Rental SOTAR and AIRE Self-Bailers, Cats, or your personal boat are professionally prepared and shuttled point to point for a hassle-free, fun float trip.

All options can work in combination with coordination.

I will be heading to the sue around 7:30 tonight to fish for a few hours if anyone wants to tag along your more than welcome just send me a pm i have room for 3 people. I also have extra fishing rods and tackle and hip boots. I can pick u up if needed.

Im heading out again tonight looks like i filled one seat got two left if anyone wants to go tonight its going to be me and fishinbud.

Default Valdez from Wasilla 8/28

Anyone heading over to Valdez on Friday (8/28)? My hubby and Father-in-Law are heading over Thursday but I have first night of class so I have to stay in town.
    Willing to help with gas and leaving whenever in the AM you want.
    Thanks for the help!

if anyones goin fishin this winter and has extra space, shoot me a pm, alway lookin to do some fishin....ive got all the gear(quickfish 6 and heater, power auger, snowmachine if needed) just let me know 2-3 days in advance.

Jake

Release Lake Trout

abirurn09

Default Fishing Carpool Thread

So, just for Clarity, you said this is a Bear hunt and fishing trip. Youre the guide and youll do it for "3500 each for two people".

I think people are mistaking this for a 10 day grizz hunt for 2 people for 3,500...... Thats not what youre saying.. is it ?

I am looking to pool up with some Steelheaders headed South. I have all the gear, ready to split costs, available most days. I enjoy fishing with folks either above or below my skill level, its all fun. I am new to the area, that is my only hindrance. I live in Palmer.

Mitch

Default Headed to the Russian

I am leaving Wasilla today around 11am (sorry for the short notice) to go fish the Russian/Kenai and have room for up to 3 more people. I plan on staying over night fishing for a limit today and a limit on the AM hours tomorrow. If you have any interest get a hold of me on the boards. We will split the gas and parking fee at the campground.

Thanks,

Russ
    "Give someone a fish and you will feed them for a day. Show someone how to fish and they will just steal your fishing hole and catch more fish then you. Screw them, let them eat chicken!!"

Default heading to kasilof 6/29

Thinking of heading to kasilof Tue morning. Leaving anchorage at 230 am. If someone's wants to go, pm me. Also, I can drop someone off, like baggage, at Russian and pick up on way back around 2. This is mad dash down and back.
    The only thing worse than a Subaru is the as*hole who drives it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast