Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6:15pm and they are lining up

Cool 6:15pm and they are lining up

just took a look at the web cam at sportsman and you can see 5 or 6 guys lined up to be at the head of the line. To bad that thing is not streaming and could be zoomed in. It would make for some great viewing over the summer
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Default oh crap

oh my goodness...hopefully not all for my dear trout!!!! ill be there at 6 am tomarrow !!!!!

nah, ill be there this weekend chasing the bows with my wife

Sodabiscuit called me a while ago and told me that he is already checked into his campsite. I'm sure by now he is walking the river and drooling over the fish! I'm heading out at 3am.

Default Brian!!

yo man if your (or any1 for that matter) going up and floating maybe we can do some kind of ride agreement?! im leaving at 3 am from huffman side of anch... im taking my truck and my cataraft in my truck which is a 350 and can pull whatever and i need a ride from jims back UP i hate taking 2 trucks since i have a diesel 4.79!!!. id rather have 1 set up instead of hitch hikin

I would do that in a heartbeat, but I've already arranged to meet someone at the campground between 6 and 7am to go fish up by the falls. Keep in touch when you're heading down that way, though, and perhaps we can connect in the future. Maybe we need to get a Russian River rideshare thread going?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    Sodabiscuit called me a while ago and told me that he is already checked into his campsite. I'm sure by now he is walking the river and drooling over the fish! I'm heading out at 3am.

Im sure as soon as he saw his first fish in the water he exploded. Hopefully his heart wont blow out before you get there Brian. Are you fishing with Soda in the morning. If so make sure we get a report. More about soda than the fish. you heading down at the right time,. good light low traffic. Soda said he might hook up with me saturday or sunday morning to chase reds with me this weekend. Good luck and leave a few for the rest of us

Quote Originally Posted by alaskachuck View Post
    Are you fishing with Soda in the morning. If so make sure we get a report. More about soda than the fish.
    Yep, I'm meeting him at the campsite in the morning. I was secretly hoping that he would wait until I got there to do his first fishing, but talking to him this afternoon it was obvious that there was no way that the guy was going to wait past 12:01 to start casting. That guy has got it bad!

I'll be sure to give a report of the laughter and smiles. He is a kick in my pants - it's fun to fish with someone that is so excited about it! Maybe sometime in July we'll all have to connect for some floating and fishing.

Default definently

i think a carpool main thread with destinations as subthreads would be bad ass!!!! well if any1 else is going down for some bows or anything and is pulling out at jims around... who knows!!!!!!!!! LET ME KNOW

Default im not all jibby anymore

i caught 14 bows this weekend out of a lake up north.. all over 22 inch! was clockwork!!! still having my river fein... kasilof didnt cut it... caught a couple late 20 in steelies but nothing over 25.. i know me/our lovely kenai will produce!!!

Thumbs up Soda is toast

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    Yep, I'm meeting him at the campsite in the morning. I was secretly hoping that he would wait until I got there to do his first fishing, but talking to him this afternoon it was obvious that there was no way that the guy was going to wait past 12:01 to start casting. That guy has got it bad!

I'll be sure to give a report of the laughter and smiles. He is a kick in my pants - it's fun to fish with someone that is so excited about it! Maybe sometime in July we'll all have to connect for some floating and fishing.
    Yea I thought he would be there at 12:01. He has it as bad as anyone I have ever seen. Im sure if he does not have any luck tonight he will be well educated buy tomorrow afternoon after fishing with you. I know the years you have been up here and i have fished if over 20 years. Experience means alot down there and he is gonna get a crash course in it. I agree it would be nice for us and out wives to all get together later this year and fish and float. Oh even just fish. Im in and so is june. So fishing with soda is gonna be like watching a kid on christmas day. Have fun be safe and Im sure the stories will be endless

Default Web Cam

Quote Originally Posted by alaskachuck View Post
    just took a look at the web cam at sportsman and you can see 5 or 6 guys lined up to be at the head of the line. To bad that thing is not streaming and could be zoomed in. It would make for some great viewing over the summer
    Where can I find the Sportsmens Web site?

Default The Link

Quote Originally Posted by FishSean View Post
    Where can I find the Sportsmens Web site?
    Here is the link to the cam lookikng over the launch at sportsman

http://www.dot.state.ak.us/iways/roa...Id=12&viewId=6

Default >>>--------->

Thankyou AlaskanChuck

That was awesome!!! It was only dark for a few hours! I'm gonna love AK in the summer!

Quote Originally Posted by mnfish365 View Post
    That was awesome!!! It was only dark for a few hours! I'm gonna love AK in the summer!

No dark, just 3 hours of dusk.
    You can still see the river on the web cam at the darkest time.
    During dark the camera is just black.

Fishable 24hrs? Or regulations prohibit this?

Default 24 hour fishin

Yup, it's common down there. Go for it. The only time I've heard of it closed during the night is when they have bear problems.

Jon

Default Kodiak

we don't get much more that 18 hours of light here in kodiak MN so don't get too excited

Default The Big Rockcandy Mountain

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakbound View Post
    we don't get much more that 18 hours of light here in kodiak MN so don't get too excited
    Whaddayamean? The sun never goes down, the rivers are made of beer (Alaskan Amber, the last time I checked), there's a trophy fish on every cast, and the state gives every man, woman and child a $20,000 check and a free truck as soon as they cross the border!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast