Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ripindrags/sockeye/red sinkers/reports

Smile ripindrags/sockeye/red sinkers/reports

To all who I have given my sinkers and are going to try them out thank you..to all who have purchased them before hearing any reports thank you.. to all who are fishing the opener this week good luck..please post youre results here on this post good or bad I want to know and so do others. if there is any thing I can do to improve my product I am all ears..thanks a bunch for youre support.... ripndrag/mark

thank you everyone.

I have been using them and think they work very well. They slide right over the snags in the river.
    "You have given out too much reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later".

Default any body try them

has any one tryed my sinkers yet for reds?

Default Mark

I will be trying them this weekend! Will let you know....

How does one go about buying your sinkers? I am going down to the Russian soon to catch some reds and i'm always looking for something to make the fishing a little easier, snagwise that is.

Default you can pm me

Quote Originally Posted by AkHunter45 View Post
    How does one go about buying your sinkers? I am going down to the Russian soon to catch some reds and i'm always looking for something to make the fishing a little easier, snagwise that is.
    send me a pm I call you you send a check and I send you sinkers,,,,,,,,

Hoping to get out to use mine this weekend!

How much are ya charging for em?

Default Did a Bonzai Run on the Russian Last night

and outfished everyone else 4 to 1 with those sinkers! They are awesome! Had 7 on; lost 4 landed 3 in the first hour....waited until after midnight and had my next limit in 45 minutes....I was standing on the bank drinking beer watching everyone else try to get their fish.....
    By the way, these reds were actually striking......I felt so bad for a couple of older guys from MN that I gave them a few sinkers as well....

Mark, just let me know where and when to send a testimonial!

PM me with your email address.....I'll send ya a photo

Default I didn't use the slider....

instead, made a loop in the leader and stuck it through the eye then around the sinker....I just prefer that method so I can fine tune the distance for water conditions with re-knotting......

Default I Can Not Sell Here

I CANNOT SELL MY SINKERS ON THIS FORUM UNTIL I BUY A BANNER ADD SO PLEASE DONT ASK TO BUY ANY SINKERS HOWEVER I WILL BE IN ALASKA ON JULY 19TH AND WILL GIVE SINKERS TO ANYBODY WHO WOULD LIKE TO TRY THEM...I am currently trying to contact the moderators to get things rolling for a banner add .THANKS FOR UNDERSTANDING ,,,,,RIPNDRAG

Default 3 per day/3 in possession

akseakayaker,
    You might want to be careful about taking a second limit on the Russian. The limit there are 3 per day/3 in possession. So unless you got your first 3 processed, you were over your limit.

Sorry to hear about the camera.

Quote Originally Posted by cmo1977 View Post
    akseakayaker,
    You might want to be careful about taking a second limit on the Russian. The limit there are 3 per day/3 in possession. So unless you got your first 3 processed, you were over your limit.

Gwin's lodge has reasonable rates for freezing fish. They charge by volume instead of per pound. For $5 dollars per 24hrs, they give you a 50lb fish box to fill up as much as you can. My son and I put 6 reds that were headed & gutted in that box and still had room to spare when we got our first limit on Wed 6/18. Their freezer is open 24hrs so when we got our second limit on Thur 6/19, we just picked up our frozen/processed fish and headed back to ANC. The frozen fish acted as ice so there was no need to buy bags of ice for the drive back. My 2cents.

Thanks for the info! How much do they charge for that? Do you have to pay again when you go back to park, or were you camping?

I was just trying to remind everyone about that rule.

Thanks for the info! How much do they charge for that? Do you have to pay again when you go back to park, or were you camping?

I was just trying to remind everyone about that rule.
    5 bucks for the box per 24hrs. When we initially left to go freeze the fish, our 12hr parking pass in the Pink Salmon lot expired around 6:00pm Wed night. After that, my son and I just kinda kicked back, took a nap, and had dinner @ Gwins until we went back to the Russian around 10:00pm and bought another 12hr pass.

If you do wanna leave to store your fish and your 12hr pass has not expired yet, in my experience most of time you will have to give up your pass (especially if there is a line of cars waiting for a parking spot). Sometimes, if it's slow, they'll let you back with no charge. It all depends who's working and what kind of mood he/she's in.

Default thanks for the info.

akseakayaker,

I know this is a grey area....so does filleted out and on ice count as in possession?

Default Cold

Quote Originally Posted by akseakayaker View Post
    I know this is a grey area....so does filleted out and on ice count as in possession?
    JUST PUT IT ON A LITTLE DRY ICE IN YOURE COOLER IT WILL FREEZE YOURE FISH SOLID AS A ROCK THEN YOU SHOULD BE SAFE ON YOURE SECOND LIMIT

Quote Originally Posted by ripndrag View Post
    JUST PUT IT ON A LITTLE DRY ICE IN YOURE COOLER IT WILL FREEZE YOURE FISH SOLID AS A ROCK THEN YOU SHOULD BE SAFE ON YOURE SECOND LIMIT
    I'm almost certain that dry ice in a cooler isn't legal. I once saw a guy being cited for the same argument.... I could be wrong though!

Here is from the definition page of the regs. Looks like dry ice is a no no.

# possession limit means the maximum number of unpreserved fish a person may have in possession.

# preserved fish means fish prepared in such a manner, and in an existing state of preservation, as to be fit for human consumption after a 15-day period, and does not include unfrozen fish temporarily stored in coolers that contain ice, dry ice, or fish that are lightly salted.

Sorry about getting off on a tangent on your post ripndrag. Those sinkers look good, they would be nice for side drifting for kings on the lower, what is the heaviest you go with them?
    Last edited by cmo1977; 06-20-2008 at 22:14. Reason: added text

those skinkers look pretty **** sexy!

Mark, I hope you get your banner add soon so you can start selling them off the site. I'll take a dozen to start.

I went to the Russian two days ago and lost heaps of gear on all the river snags... I think your sinkers will be the ticket... great invention!

Default thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jockomontana View Post
    those skinkers look pretty **** sexy!

Mark, I hope you get your banner add soon so you can start selling them off the site. I'll take a dozen to start.

I went to the Russian two days ago and lost heaps of gear on all the river snags... I think your sinkers will be the ticket... great invention!
    i asked the forum owner to call me hopefuly i will have a site soon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast