Thread: Talon Air

Default Talon Air

Has anyone out their ever used Talon Air for a caribou drop hunt?
    thanks for the info

Default Talon's reputable as a transporter

I have used Talon Air in the past for Mulchatna caribou hunts as a transporter. They did a fine job of locating the herd and dropping us off in front them. True to thier word they would stop in and check on us and bring out the meat halfway through the hunt and check it in a local meat locker as well.
    They also did drop off moose hunts which my uncle went on and he was pleased as well.
    This was about 8-10 years ago before thier prices almost doubled...
    BK

Never used them(but plan to here in the future), but talked to them allot. From what I have gathered, they seem like great people that have allot of repeat customers. They use to have a meat hunt and a trophy hunt.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Default Great people

I have used Talon Air quite often and they have a first class operation. As a matter of fact I just booked another fly out bear viewing fishing trip for July. The caribou drop offs I have done with them are great. You cannot beat the service they have. Excellent aircraft (turbo prop otter) I cannot say enough good things about their business.

Default Leaning that direction

Aside from asking them up front, what sort of fees are encompassed with a bou drop hunt? My penny pinching is going to pay off one of these days...
    Respect what you do not own but are privleged to enjoy, Mother Earth thanks you...

I have used them several times and they were excellent. My brother and son-in-law have had excellent results with them. They will even give you warning that the trip you are planning isn't as good a value as it once was and a chance to find a better way for what you are looking for. I plan on using them again.

We used to use them alot years ago (when they still offered the $695 fly-outs). I cannot say enough about them.

Unlike some transporters, there deal was if it was legal they would fly it out for free. On one trip they flew in an empty beaver (2nd plane, mind you) to get all of our caribou and antlers out. No charge. Not sure if they still operate that way though.

1st class operation.

Default Talon Air

TEXHUNTER you have a PM

Default what tha.....

tex hunter texhunter

Iam prob better looking than you anyway haha

I have used them twice, both times very good service. No issues.

Quote Originally Posted by akravens View Post
    I have used Talon Air quite often and they have a first class operation. As a matter of fact I just booked another fly out bear viewing fishing trip for July. The caribou drop offs I have done with them are great. You cannot beat the service they have. Excellent aircraft (turbo prop otter) I cannot say enough good things about their business.
    Do they have a meat hunt still?
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Default Talon Air

As a matter of fact my friend and his brother-in-law used Talon Air for the Mulchatna caribou hunt and got dropped off on a lake that was crawling with other hunters and not a caribou in sight. They didn't fly around to try to locate caribou. It was a very disappointing hunt for them and have heard the same story from other hunters since then. They may have changed but I doubt it.

Default Great Service

I was with 4 others on a 2005 drop bou hunt for meat. Stayed a week, took 23 between us (limit was 5 each with one being a bull). They checked on us mid-way and took out what meat we already had.
    When we landed back at his camp they had my truck backed down to the docks ready to be loaded for the trip home.

Professional, polite and a well run operation in my opinion. Had to pay cash at check in so be prepared. Not cheap and probably worse now but I would use them again. His plane is SWEET.

Ed

Default Talon Air

I went with Talon Air on my first drop hunt 2005. As a transporter they are great, Alan the owner is as nice as they come. Equipment and service was first class. They dropped us in a area that he said he had been seeing alot of bears, he was right on about the bears. We saw 18-20 different bears in the week were there. The caribou hunting was non-existant, the mulchatna herd was declining drastically. Remember most transporters have set locations they drop hunters in. Hopefully your location is in the right spot at the right time. Alan never fed us full of any B.S. Everything he told us was right on. Good Luck!! Talon Air is a first class operation. Ask any questions way before, so you dont have any false expectations!!
    Talon Air is a transporter, not a guide or game finder!