Thread: Petersville road

Default Petersville road

Had some freinds come back from a ride down Petersville rd. They were wanting to go down to the old bridge down by the roadhouse , But when they were headed there they said someone told them it was private ???? I thought that road beside the roadhouse was public down to the bridge ?
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Had some freinds come back from a ride down Petersville rd. They were wanting to go down to the old bridge down by the roadhouse , But when they were headed there they said someone told them it was private ???? I thought that road beside the roadhouse was public down to the bridge ?
    It is a designated public access. However, that does not mean that some will try to claim it and they know the state is not going to enforce the rules that come to play in this regard. Matter of fact DNR really likes the infighting, because it helps them keep people out of the remote areas. There are hundreds of other trails just like this being closed off, by some greedy individuals. I witnessed a guy swinging an iron bar at a young kid on a wheeler up near Chicken. Needless to say, the miner won by his bulling tactics. It can get real ugly, if you want to exercise your rights. The bullies usually are successful, because the riders don't want the hassle or are just downright fearful.

I have seen this sort of thing as well. I wonder if I would go to jail for shooting someone swinging a bar at me or my kid? Sadly I never go out in the back country without a weapon anymore and I am not bear phobic... So far I have only drew a bead on one individual and thankfully that ended up working itself out and I was able to withdrawl from the situation peacfully... Stay safe out there and keep your eye out for the wackos!

I know what you mean, Ive only been here for a year and a half now and I find myself carrying more for the wackos that I've encountered then the bears .

Quote Originally Posted by Akres View Post
    It is a designated public access. However, that does not mean that some will try to claim it and they know the state is not going to enforce the rules that come to play in this regard. Matter of fact DNR really likes the infighting, because it helps them keep people out of the remote areas. There are hundreds of other trails just like this being closed off, by some greedy individuals. I witnessed a guy swinging an iron bar at a young kid on a wheeler up near Chicken. Needless to say, the miner won by his bulling tactics. It can get real ugly, if you want to exercise your rights. The bullies usually are successful, because the riders don't want the hassle or are just downright fearful.
    That's why I'm always armed when I ride my wheeler. I've had my run-ins before, and will have them again.

Was there camping two weeks ago and the people at the roadhouse were great. Dont know what the problem was for you. We went left at the roadhouse and the people there were friendly enough.

Hey! If I look thru this empty beer bottle, I think I can see Russia from here!!!

Last year we camped just down the hill and left of the forks roadhouse near the creek. Is this the area that your talking about? There is a relatively new bridge across the river there and it is clearly marked with state signs but the “road” only goes on for about a mile or so past that bridge and then you are hitting the trails across the bogs if you want to go further. Anyway, I was under the impression that it (the camping area near the bridge) was public land as the folks at the roadhouse told me as much after I offered to pay for my camping spot.

I always go about “well healed” but it would take a real “no sh&t” life or death situation with a visible weapon, and perceived intent at harm for me to get my smoke pole into action. I am not all that crazy about spending a year or more in the slammer waiting for a trial date, selling off all my stuff to pay for a lawyer, lose everything I own because I am out of a job, risk putting my loved ones on the street, and the real possibility of explaining my actions to a group of my “peers” that coincidentally all voted for Mark B, love all the flowers downtown and spend all night worrying about global warming and those poor polar bears and then smile at the very thought of Obama turning AK into a giant wilderness preserve…………………

Now I am not about to tell any other Man how to handle himself………… but I will say this; It’s better to be judged by twelve than carried by six, but now days………. Perhaps not by much! There are an awful lot of trails still out there, and right or wrong, I will personally just smile, pack my stuff and head on out the other way when push comes to shove. It just aint worth it to me.
    “You’ve gotten soft. You’re like one of those police dogs who’s released in to the wild and gets eaten by a deer or something.” Bill McNeal of News Radio

how dare you. dont you know, they own everythin you cant prove they dont. lol

but really, try carrying somethin bigger.
    one time i saw someone comin to start **** so i went auto with my hell-fire on a tree. no bull, the ***** turned right around. its worth the lugging around and ppl see a rifle from a far. try it, it works.

oh, and a hell-fire is perfectly legal so dont go there.