Thread: My "finds" are getting better!!

Default My "finds" are getting better!!

Well a couple months ago I found a watch out at Bird Creek. Today I decided to head down and do some hiking. Went clear to the end of the Penguin Creek trail and hiked almost to the top ridge line. Found 13 goats up there. Was able to get within about 200 yards of one billy. On the way back down I had 2 blackies on the trail. After the hike I rode on back to the second meadow. My "finds" improved in a big way! Found a firearm!! It hadn't been there very long as it has no significant weather damage. I thought I was seeing things!

If you read this and got home without your gun, send me a PM with any and all facts, features, serial number if you have it and I'll be sure to get it back to you.
    EricL

Quote Originally Posted by EricL View Post
    Well a couple months ago I found a watch out at Bird Creek. Today I decided to head down and do some hiking. Went clear to the end of the Penguin Creek trail and hiked almost to the top ridge line. Found 13 goats up there. Was able to get within about 200 yards of one billy. On the way back down I had 2 blackies on the trail. After the hike I rode on back to the second meadow. My "finds" improved in a big way! Found a firearm!! It hadn't been there very long as it has no significant weather damage. I thought I was seeing things!

If you read this and got home without your gun, send me a PM with any and all facts, features, serial number if you have it and I'll be sure to get it back to you.
    If you don't get any takers, check with APD or the State Troopers. The gun may have been used in a crime and dumped. Checking with the police will clear it (and your conscience). I found a 45 auto 3 years ago on a trail in the valley. I posted flyers at Carrs and contacted the State Troopers. No hits on the gun as lost, stolen, or used in a crime. It is about ready to go on the auction block. I don't shoot it and I want some upgrades for the Yamaha Grizzly.
    2007 Yamaha Rhino 660
    2007 Yamaha Grizzly 700 SE w/EPS
    http://www.grizzlycentral.com/

Hey! If I look thru this empty beer bottle, I think I can see Russia from here!!!

The second meadow? Are you talking about the “rock”? Either way, that’s a long way to go, just to “dump” a gun. That thing fell off somebody or someone’s machine for sure. Anyway………… good find for you. You might consider mentioning it to “Ranger Dan”, I seem to run into him every time I am down there, and he has always been a very friendly sort towards me and my family. Or if you wanted to go the whole nine yards, you could put a flyer up on the board there at the trailhead.

Glad to hear that all of the blackies have not been run out by those big brownies that hang out down by the overlook and the falls.
    “You’ve gotten soft. You’re like one of those police dogs who’s released in to the wild and gets eaten by a deer or something.” Bill McNeal of News Radio

A few years back on an atv ride I got tired of some binoculars I always carried on my atv. They looked nice but weren't much better than plain eyesight. I layed them down beside the atv trail in plain sight so somebody would find them and think they SCORED

Quote Originally Posted by Alangaq View Post
    The second meadow? Are you talking about the “rock”? Either way, that’s a long way to go, just to “dump” a gun. That thing fell off somebody or someone’s machine for sure. Anyway………… good find for you. You might consider mentioning it to “Ranger Dan”, I seem to run into him every time I am down there, and he has always been a very friendly sort towards me and my family. Or if you wanted to go the whole nine yards, you could put a flyer up on the board there at the trailhead.

Glad to hear that all of the blackies have not been run out by those big brownies that hang out down by the overlook and the falls.
    Yep, it was laying about 100 yards past the rock right in the middle of the trail. Gonna try to get it cleaned up a little today. It did have a little mud and muck on it but other than that it was pretty clean.
    EricL

Quote Originally Posted by dws View Post
    A few years back on an atv ride I got tired of some binoculars I always carried on my atv. They looked nice but weren't much better than plain eyesight. I layed them down beside the atv trail in plain sight so somebody would find them and think they SCORED
    Ive done a couple things that way.

You know it makes a person's day to find "treasure".

Last winter in Maui I left a couple extra Iditarod pewter pins. Then posted the GPS coords on geocaching.com.

Never received an email that they were found. Will have to check next year.

Hid a can of Ben's deet spray on a popular ATV trail in southcentral. Might post the coordinates here and see if anyone can find it