Thread: Silver Salmon lures is Resurrection bay

Default Silver Salmon lures is Resurrection bay

Ok guys here is the question. When fishing Ressurection bay in mid july what spinners, spoons and colors would you use? Size? I know the captain will chum them but i want to take a few casts with my spinning rod. The captain is cool with that as its a six pack and the boat is large.

Default JIG

Bring a few types, Always in alaska bring a Vibrax for your purpose #4-#5. color, 1 silver body silver blade, 2 orange body silver blade. Get a nice 1-2 oz JigLike one of these.
    Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Default OR

The trusted method for Silvers in seward!
    Even try whole herring, or sardines.

The last is great when you have a fly rod or a school close to the boat

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Quote Originally Posted by kgpcr View Post
    Ok guys here is the question. When fishing Ressurection bay in mid july what spinners, spoons and colors would you use? Size? I know the captain will chum them but i want to take a few casts with my spinning rod. The captain is cool with that as its a six pack and the boat is large.

I would say, throw anything that you want at them and they will probably bite it. They do like herring on a spinner. They also like herring on a hook just dropped over the side and let down a few feet. I have found it rare that they are really picky when they are in the area.