Thread: Tangle Lakes-Fourth of July

Default Tangle Lakes-Fourth of July

This is more of a camping question than a canoeing one, but this is perhaps the best place to start.
    I have heard, and I'm sure its true, that the Tangle Lakes campground is pretty full Fourth of July weekend. Does anyone here know of alternative campgrounds in the area if we were to get there and find out it's already full? We would have a popup and a large fifth wheel camper.
    Thought we might try to get up there the evening of the Thursday the third.
    Any fishing hints are also welcome. We have a canoe with electric trolling motor.

Quote Originally Posted by HarryHyde View Post
    This is more of a camping question than a canoeing one, but this is perhaps the best place to start.
    I have heard, and I'm sure its true, that the Tangle Lakes campground is pretty full Fourth of July weekend. Does anyone here know of alternative campgrounds in the area if we were to get there and find out it's already full? We would have a popup and a large fifth wheel camper.
    Thought we might try to get up there the evening of the Thursday the third.
    Any fishing hints are also welcome. We have a canoe with electric trolling motor.
    With the current price of fuel, I don't believe this will be a concern this 4th of July. I do advise taking a gallon of bug dope with you. Bath in it frequently.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tryants." (Thomas Jefferson

Spinners, small spoons and worms should do the trick. There should be plenty of room down there in a lot (trail head to swede lakes) and if not theres a campground down there.

Tangles is great. I doubt the campground will be totally full. If it is there are lots of spots along the highway you can camp. Go for it and have a great time! Fly fish with bead head nymphs in the river. Or dry flies early in the morning before the breeze picks up on the lake. A little mosquito works great.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

Default just got back from tangle lakes

Just returned from tangles not many people there I wouldn't worry about the campground lots of room there or roadside pulloffs. We caught several lake trout, all about 20" all caught on castmaster lure near where streams entered lakes. Lots of trolling didn't work this trip. Grayling were plentiful best in upper tangle lakes. Good luck