Thread: Wife's First EVER King...

Default Wife's First EVER King...

Caught Sunday morning on the Ninilchik. She insisted on filleting all by herself as well - how could I say 'no'?? She did a pretty good job on the fillet to boot!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thumbs up

If she owns her own boat and catches bait she's a definate keeper!!!!

Congrats!!!!!

Nice King.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Good job. Looks like the weather was OK too.

Congrats to the wife on her first King.

Did she catch that drifting eggs down by the corner? If so I stopped and spoke to you briefly on a big red ATV. Nice fish and happy lady. Congrats, my son and I struck out.

Default Nice catch!

And good looking fish, Haha Just think I can show this thread to the wife and say see it can be done.
    Actully Im on the slope right now and my wife just called me. Said she got me a fathers day present! A tow hitch/frame for my truck. Cool then she told me she not only installed it for me but she even bought a wire harness and wired it up.
    Now I can spend more time fishing on fathers day she say's Cant argue with that.

Great to see the wife enjoying fishing.

CONGRATS
    Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Quote Originally Posted by akseakayaker View Post
    Caught Sunday morning on the Ninilchik. She insisted on filleting all by herself as well - how could I say 'no'?? She did a pretty good job on the fillet to boot!
    Great fish!!! Women can rock!! Don't think I could do a good job on the fillet. You go girl!

Default Follow up...

Pink Vibrax #4, single hook....no treble's for her!

Fishkill - we were on the opposite bank that you and your son were on....your son and I got tangled up once too ...

For his second time and with a 9' rod and combat style fishing he did real well, I was proud. I actually had to run him off the river Sunday, he didn't want to go. He tangled maybe four times in about 5 hours of fishing, everyone was very understanding and I appreciated that.

Thats is awesome. Is she teaching you how to catch them?
    "You have given out too much reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later".

Very Nice!!!!
    Semper Fi!

Default Your wife Rocks!

My wife is a Sliver slayer (some rocks and halibuts too) but has yet to land a king............maybe this year!

Sweet king.....bigger than my first.

Ed

Default Thanks Guys...

Ron - yeah, I may start taking lessons from her!

She is still beaming about it and talking about it....going to have to take her photo into SW and get it posted (Anc and Wasilla both)....

I fished for awhile on that rod, not using pink, that morning until she got up, then tied on a pinkie at her insistance....about two hours later Whamo!

Then we went and dug our limit in clams...great weekend !

Default nice king

looks like a happy girl with a nice king........I took my wife on 3 king charters on the keani in 2002 she never even got a bite, but she kicked by but as far as big fish when we went halibut fishing....

Thumbs up So

She catches fish, ok, out fishes you, she beautiful, she fillets them, and she still puts up with you. That is one good woman. Oh and that fish is not to bad at all. Funny as you sent me the pm i was in your profile looking for the thread. She did good, listen to her next time and you can catch one too. Again good fish bud and see you around the fire soon.
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by alaskachuck View Post
    She catches fish, ok, out fishes you, she beautiful, she fillets them, and she still puts up with you. That is one good woman. Oh and that fish is not to bad at all. Funny as you sent me the pm i was in your profile looking for the thread. She did good, listen to her next time and you can catch one too. Again good fish bud and see you around the fire soon.
    Smart Aleck

Default I bet you could use one of these boards

Quote Originally Posted by akseakayaker View Post
    I just made this filet board
    its 12in by 31 in