Thread: Aztec Nomad?

Default Aztec Nomad?

Hello all, my name is Phillip. New to this forum, and this is my first post. I am originally from Illinois, currently working in Afghanistan as a security contractor for a company other than Blackwater, and am considering moving to Alaska when I am done in a few years.

Have been doing a lot of reading through different forums on this website. This is definately the most informative website I have found about living in Alaska.

A question I have is: What are your opinions on an Aztec Nomad floatplane?
    I have searched through this forum front to back and not even found it mentioned. Is there a reason for this?

The companys website is as follows: http://www.aztecnomad.com/

Default Grizzly 1

Quote Originally Posted by phillip78 View Post
    Hello all, my name is Phillip. New to this forum, and this is my first post. I am originally from Illinois, currently working in Afghanistan as a security contractor for a company other than Blackwater, and am considering moving to Alaska when I am done in a few years.

Have been doing a lot of reading through different forums on this website. This is definately the most informative website I have found about living in Alaska.

I have searched through this forum front to back and not even found it mentioned. Is there a reason for this?

Welcome!

Years ago, Northern Consolidated Airlines took a handful of Cessna "Bamboo Bombers" (their light twin, used extensively by the military), added large cargo doors to the port side, traded the old 225-hp Jacobs engines for larger 450-hp P&W power plants, and had them certifed for float operations. They called this critter the Cessna "Bushmaster." It was primarily certified to serve NCL's "Anglers Paradise Camps," a gathering of high-end fishing lodges in and around Katmai's Valley of Ten Thousand Smokes." It turned out to be one helluva great plane, and my friend, John Walatka, flew one for years out of their Kulik Camp.

Having said all that, do you know for sure that the Aztec "Nomad" is certified for float operations? That's a requirement, of course. Beyond that, I see no reason why they wouldn't work.

Good luck with it . . .

Grizzly 1

Default Grizzly 1

Oops! Should have looked at your site first.

Looks like a great plane for lots of Alaska stuff! Have a go at it . . .

Mort

Thanks for the reply Mort. By the way, I just bought your book on Amazon, It's being shipped here right now

Default Grizzly 1

Thanks for the reply Mort. By the way, I just bought your book on Amazon, It's being shipped here right now
    Hey, THANKS!!! Keep your eyes peeled: the next one hits the shelves in January, 2009, the publisher says . . . . .

Let me know how that Aztec performs, okay?

Regards,

Mort