Thread: KINGS are here on the Kenai

Between the Willapa Rivers, United States

Default KINGS are here on the Kenai

My wife and I bought a new 19' Klamath in March but had only fished salt water because the Kenai water level had been so low.That changed this Sunday.I had just gotten back from the Slope late Friday nite and needed to break in a new pole.We didn't get to the launch at the Pillars until 11:15,put the boat in ,and noticed a slew of boats fishing a slot about 100 yards below the launch.We slid into position,put out red tiger striped SNG's with eggs,and wondered how to fish in only 6 feet of water.Not a half hour later,Lori gets a huge take-down.A short chinese fire drill ,a 20 minute give and take battle ,and we net a 43 inch 35 pound buck.We go back to the head of the drift,she's driving the boat and wham,my SNG gets nailed.This time was even more comical,hottin and hollarin.This is a 34 pound hen,sea lice all over her tail.By 1:30 we are pulling out the boat a serious case of Perma-grin on our faces.What a great inaguration for our new boat.Two fish in two hours.By the way we saw 5 other fish hooked while we were there.I say the fish are in..

Default Congrats

ON the New boat and the Fish!

Always nice to hear of locals catching fish. What do you have the Klamath powered with?? 50hp HONDA?

I get of the slope this friday so save some fish for me
    Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Between the Willapa Rivers, United States

Default 50 horse E-tec

This is one sweet little motor.It doesn't use hardly any fuel,is nice and quiet,and kicks butt.At 4500 RPM with 2 people aboard we were running at 33 MPH.And it doesn't red-line til 6500 rpm.Perfect for inshore and legal for the Kenai.Can it get any better?