Thread: 8yr old wants to catch a king!!!!!

Default 8yr old wants to catch a king!!!!!

well I started off with an amazing bear hunting season but as soon as my stepson arrived they seemed to disappear. Sat the stand until 0120 last night and no bears showed up. He shed a small tear as he was so excited to see one, but we talked about hunting and the way it goes sometimes!!

He has talked about catching a king for a couple years now!!

Anyone have some good suggestions on a good charter service I could call. Would be the week of the 16-20 of June. pretty much anywhere will be looked into. I have just never hired a charter to do the salmon thing. Usually went to Montana creek but will be gone at the end of june through august this year.

Thanks for any info.

If youre in Anchorage, theres a weekend coming up at campbell creek for kids 15 or under only to fish for kings. You can easily spot the kings and theyre a blast to catch (although slightly blushed taste great smoked)

Default guide on keani

look up sheferys on the inernet his name is john good luck

Default Anchor Point or Kenai

Quote Originally Posted by plentycoupe View Post
    well I started off with an amazing bear hunting season but as soon as my stepson arrived they seemed to disappear. Sat the stand until 0120 last night and no bears showed up. He shed a small tear as he was so excited to see one, but we talked about hunting and the way it goes sometimes!!

He has talked about catching a king for a couple years now!!

Anyone have some good suggestions on a good charter service I could call. Would be the week of the 16-20 of June. pretty much anywhere will be looked into. I have just never hired a charter to do the salmon thing. Usually went to Montana creek but will be gone at the end of june through august this year.

Thanks for any info.
    I'd recommend either Ed Dersham out of Anchor Point for kings and halibut (Outlook Lodge, http://www.salmonfishingalaska.com/home.html or a Kenai Guide...here's a few:
    www.harrygaines.com
    http://www.alaskakenairiverfishing.com/
    http://www.alaskafishmagnet.com/

Default RIver or Ocean??

The last few years Deska has had a good run of kings. You wont catch a 80lb king but plenty of kings in the 20-40 range.

Deska Might be cheaper than Kenai also.

Just do a google search!

Good Luck, I hope to get my 8 year old on some halibut and mabey a king next week!
    Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Trophy Catch Charters at the Little Su. I first started fishing with David, Bill and Jim Booth over twenty years ago on that river.

Alaska Sustna Charters with Greg Giauque I caught many a salmon with Greg starting over twenty years ago.

[I went to high school with David and Greg we named a hole on the Little Su the DGR (David, Greg, Ron) hole about 19 years ago]

Fishermans Choice Charters I have talked with Anglette and have seen the guides working hard on the Little Su. They also have other boats working the Deska.

I think it will be easy finding a good outfit with the replies from here.
    "You have given out too much reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later".

Default thanks

thanks for all the posts!!

Default Go with Fishermans choice

I would got with george or ray at fishermans choice, when all the other guides are coming back with nothing they usuallly come back with fish.....Request Captain George, he'll get you on the fish