Thread: Savage 375 H&H Alaska Guide Rifle

Default Savage 375 H&H Alaska Guide Rifle

Has anyone on this site had the chance to shoot one of these yet? I picked one up at the store to look at and I couldn't believe how light it was. I think they have a winner of an idea but I'm not sure of the quality. Any hands on experience with these would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

If you think the Savage is light, you should pick up one of the Remington 700 XCR's in 375 H&H, they are under 7 lbs. Those things must kick like a mule!

Default XCR Weight

XCR 375H&H 7 5/8 lbs per Remingtion web site.
    The recoil isn't that bad.

Dr B

Default 375's

I have to say that the Remington feels alot heavier than the Savage. You have to take the shorter barrel into account of course. I would like to know how the Savage shoots as far as accuracy and the recoil. Savage rifles have always been no frills good shooters as far as I know. I haven't owned any of them but the people at the range have been happy with them.

We weighed one at the Wiggy's store and his scale is accurate, without bases, rings or scope it weighed in under 7 lbs. I knew this thing was light but I had no idea it was that light.