Thread: Little Su Today

Default Little Su Today

Got on the water about 1030. Fished until 4:30 and nothing. I was back bouncing a K-fish, the others were casting and using roe. No luck. We did see a guy from the bank catch one on the way out. Probably in the 30lb range I would say. Seems like things have really cooled off both here and the Deshka. How did anybody else do today?

I did'nt think it was open to Roe?

Default Nope....

It's not!!!!
    "Let every angler who loves to fish think what it would mean to him to find the fish were gone." Zane Grey
    http://www.piscatorialpursuits.com/uploads/UP12710.jpg
    The KeenEye MD

How about no bait next time
    "You have given out too much reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later".

Default Oops!

Wow, talk about complacency on my part. No excuses here, I guess I wasn't thinking, he put a small piece on a spin-n-glow. Won't happen again. Man, this really upsets me that I would have head UA! My apologies to all, I'm a true believer in following the regs.

Default Stanley, whip thyself with a wet noodle

Good thing the park rangers didn't see it. You would be paying dearly if they did. Chalk it up to early season wanting. Like in wanting to catch a fish!!! How clear was the water and is it lower than normal?

Default I have, Believe Me!

I still can't believe it. If you knew me, you would know I'm a "by the book" kinda guy. It's my boat, I'm resposible for what happens in it. Man oh Man. I guess it goes to show you that even an honest guy can make a mistake. The water level was as good as I've seen it. Only started fishing it last year and there were some low levels last year. As for clarity, it was ok, again, little experience on the LS. I hope we can put my mistake to bed, but if you all feel the need to chastise me, I guess I deserve it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanly View Post
    Little Su Today

What day was today?
    brad g.
    So Cal, USA
    Visit my Sporting Clays website
    http://www.ysr-racer.com

Default Sat 7 Jun

I thought of that after I posted it like that. Looking at it today (Sun) I was thinking just how many would ask "what the hell day is today?"

Quote Originally Posted by Stanly View Post
    I still can't believe it. If you knew me, you would know I'm a "by the book" kinda guy. It's my boat, I'm resposible for what happens in it. Man oh Man. I guess it goes to show you that even an honest guy can make a mistake. The water level was as good as I've seen it. Only started fishing it last year and there were some low levels last year. As for clarity, it was ok, again, little experience on the LS. I hope we can put my mistake to bed, but if you all feel the need to chastise me, I guess I deserve it.
    I gave you enough of a flame. I have a tendency to believe you had a lapse since you posted it on here.
    The other day my son thought it would be funny to put a piece of candy on his hook while we were fishing there. He didnt think it was funny to have his rod in time out for ten minutes while the other three of us fished.

Default It is so slow for me anyways

I am still trying to get dialed in for when my dad comes up on the 12th.

My friends who guide on the river are actually doing well but I will not fret as this trip with my dad was actually not expected to happen. We will make the most of it no matter how many we catch.

My dad and my two brothers are coming up. One of my brothers is 9 years old and has not caught a salmon before. We will have to fix that.

Default Special Trip

That will be a neat trip. I can't get any of my brothers to come up and my younger bro is into fishing big time. I'm at the point I've quit trying. Having spent all but the last 3 years in the lower 48, can you imagine being 9 years old and catching a king! Wow! I still have memories of catching small mouth and perch and sunfish on a boat when I was about that age, I'll never forget that as long as I live, but to catch a King at that age, no words to describe it. I hope they all get the pleasure of feeling drag just ripping off their reels. Good luck...

Default Thank you

My nephew did get his first king two years ago when he was eight. I was a blast. My nephew caught his then my brother in law used the same lure to catch his later the same trip.