Thread: Fish-Rite boats?

Default Fish-Rite boats?

Does anyone have experience or advice on Fishrite boats? I have been thinking about getting a salt water boat and was thinking about a 22 to 24' North River Sea Hawk or comparable boat from Wooldridge, Hewescraft, etc. I saw a nice looking 24' hard top Fishrite Performer today and it looked like a real nice boat. This is the first time I have ever looked at one and there isn't much information about their boats on the web. If someone has some experience with this boat I would appreciate hearing it. Also, if it is possible to compare it with a North River or similar boat that would be great. I'm looking for a medium sized ocean boat mainly for fishing.

Palmer, AK

Default Well built

Although I don't own one I was favorably impressed by them at the boat show. Probably my next boat...

Eagle River

Default North River Seahawk!

I currently have a 2005 22ft. NR Seahawk and love it, but would like a little larger like 24-25ft.
    I looked at the 24ft Fish-Rite boat offered by Marita at this years boat show.........actually a very nice boat and Fish-Rite was very helpful and willing to make small individual changes for the buyer.
    I was unable to reach a deal for trade-in value (small hole to a larger hole) or I would be sporting the Fish-Rite!
    Both are very nice boats IMHO. I'm sticking with my NR for now but was impressed with the Fish-Rite product and Marita has always been helpful (not perfect mind you), but willing to make things right!

PM me if you have additional questions.

Thanks for the replies so far. I was comparing the specs on this boat with other comparable boats. It seems like it has a 98" beam compared to a 102" beam and the bottom width is also 4" to 6" narrower than the competition. How noticeable will this be in rough water? How about at anchor?

when i was looking 2 years ago, fishrite boats did not have what i was looking for so i went with a 22 searunner. the boat rides well on the water, and i feel safe going and back. i looked a a few used fishrite boats in washington but was able to buy a brand new boat for the price of a used with the shipping. now we finally have a supplier up here and i have my boat. now it would be whoever had the better deal. fishrite boats are made well and will get the job done, to bad they were not around when i made my purchase. i think they would do you fine.jeff