Thread: Leupold range finder binoculars?

Default Leupold range finder binoculars?

Does anyone have any experience with the Leupold range finder binoculars?

Before I start, let me say that this is my opinion – this is subjective.

I have the Leupold RX-II range finder and I don’t care for it. While it provides accurate ranges and has the TBR feature, it simply has too may features thus options for setting them all up. I don’t care for the optics – I get a headache when looking through it. It doesn’t always provide a range – it is finicky especially when trying to range across any type of water: creek, stream, small bay etc.

My buddy has a Busnell Elite RF it is a very simple to use and not at all finicky. I wish I had it over the Leupold. Just MHO.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMac View Post
    Before I start, let me say that this is my opinion – this is subjective.

I have the Leupold RX-II range finder and I don’t care for it. While it provides accurate ranges and has the TBR feature, it simply has too may features thus options for setting them all up. I don’t care for the optics – I get a headache when looking through it. It doesn’t always provide a range – it is finicky especially when trying to range across any type of water: creek, stream, small bay etc.

My buddy has a Busnell Elite RF it is a very simple to use and not at all finicky. I wish I had it over the Leupold. Just MHO.

Could be just a NY thing.

Smile

We are thick headed lot!

Just went through the same thing. I look at the Nikon, Leupold, Leica and Swarovski range finder after all was done and say I end up buying the Leica 1200. The Leica 1200 is more user friendly lighter and clearer. You can read the range under any light condition. I had ranged a moose at 950 yds with out any problem. Swarovski is a real good one but is a little more expensive. The only thing I can complain about is that the leica does not have the ARC.

PS. I didn’t check Bushnell because I had bought two and the two broke.

Lou

I have owned five and have 3 now, nikon, Luepold RX-II and the Leica 1200 CRF-Y. I agree with what the other guy said 100% about the RX-II. Buy the Leica 1200 CRF-Y and range and shoot, gives range every single time not one failure ever, rain snow or shine out to 1000 + yards. Pony up the bucks and don't look back. You pay thousands of dollars to get to within a few hundred yards of game to have your range finder not range find. BEEN THERE, not again for me. Just returned from PWS and hunted with a guy that had the Bushnell did not like all that wet air.

Good luck

Steve