Thread: Trim Guage Question

Default Trim Guage Question

Last year my trim guage on the standard digital RPM master guage worked just fine. this is the trim bars on the right side of the guage. Well this year the bar indicators stay full no matter where I trim to. I can trim all the way down and they stay full? Any ideas. Where does this hook to the motors (115 Yamy) at? maybe the connection came loose?
    2003 220 Hewescraft Sea Runner 115 Yam'y, Soft Top "Schmidt Happens"

Sounds like you have the right idea. Chase the wire around it is probably a loose connection. Easier said then found.

At the point where the motor pivots on the bracket is the sender for the trim and tilt guage. Tilt the motor all the way up and look for a two part plastic piece with a couple wires coming off of it, the setup on my 100 hp Yamaha four stroke. There should be a nut and screw holding the sender in place which can be used to make adjustements and removel.

Default Wires not Marked

First get something to mark the wire with for next time.
    Turn on the power and the item you want to trace.
    Pull the fuse untill that item goes dead, bingo thats the fuse / curcuit for that item. It's a start.
    So as you pull the fuse and something goes dead mark it for the next time!

I'd check the grounding.

Default Found it

Quote Originally Posted by AKExplore View Post
    At the point where the motor pivots on the bracket is the sender for the trim and tilt guage. Tilt the motor all the way up and look for a two part plastic piece with a couple wires coming off of it, the setup on my 100 hp Yamaha four stroke. There should be a nut and screw holding the sender in place which can be used to make adjustements and removel.
    Thanks, It is 2 parts, but it should be one part broke, so it doesn't stay in place. The lever moves a actuator lever and send the position. I could still tell when I was all the way down by the sound and trim by feel, but when this works it is nice to see the bars, I got used to the bar positon for the best ride. Now I need to try to find a replacement as I don't think super glue will hold? Thanks for the help AKExplore
    Attached Images Attached Images

The piece in the picture is the one I broke as well, the part that mounts to the tilt tube. I got a replacement for mine at Dewey's. I either ordered the part or they had one in their shop they let me have. It must not have been that expensive as I don't remeber the details of the cost .

Default Ordered one online

Didn't want to go to Anchorage so I got one for $1.88 and $1.75 shipping not bad, saved $30.00 in Gas :-)