Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Luanching a 18' boat at Ninilchik!!

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    516

    Default Luanching a 18' boat at Ninilchik!!

    Just wondering if the small harbor is a good place to launch?? Or is it the as deep creek were you come and go on high tides????

    If so whats the cost to have the tractors luanch a boat in those area's.

    I usually fish out of homer but I would like to try and fish the deep creek area for kings and butts!!

    Thanks for any info. 7 days and Im of the slope and going fishing!
    Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Chugiak
    Posts
    91

    Default Well, I don't own a boat,

    So the only part I can help with is the cost of a Deep Creek tractor launch. $50.00!
    Matt Drayton, Chef de Cuisine
    Captain Steve's Fishing Lodge
    www.captainstevesfishinglodge.com

  3. #3
    Member Big Al's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Palmer,Alaska
    Posts
    1,737

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by motorboatn View Post
    Just wondering if the small harbor is a good place to launch?? Or is it the as deep creek were you come and go on high tides????

    If so whats the cost to have the tractors luanch a boat in those area's.

    I usually fish out of homer but I would like to try and fish the deep creek area for kings and butts!!

    Thanks for any info. 7 days and Im of the slope and going fishing!
    It's best to wait for a real windy day to launch, then just watch all the fun.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tryants." (Thomas Jefferson

  4. #4
    Member Alaska Gray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Anchorage, Alaska, United States
    Posts
    4,925

    Default

    Alaska Fish magazine did an article on the tractor launch this month..
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

  5. #5
    Member FishSean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Anchorage Alaska
    Posts
    119

    Default >>>-------->

    Quote Originally Posted by Alaska Gray View Post
    Alaska Fish magazine did an article on the tractor launch this month..

    The guy who put that operation togather struck gold!

  6. #6
    Member Alaska Gray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Anchorage, Alaska, United States
    Posts
    4,925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FishSean View Post
    The guy who put that operation togather struck gold!
    Same with the guy who has the ferry at the Russian.

    Wonder if the tractor price goes up anymore how many people will start/chance to launch there on boats?
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

  7. #7
    Member Roland on the River's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    1,690

    Default tractor launch

    cost is $55.oo which include both in and out. You must have side boards on your trailer or they will not launch you. If you launch in deep Creek, be sure to return about 1 1'2 hour after high or you won't have enough water. Be safe.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Wasilla
    Posts
    690

    Default No guy at the Russian

    Quote Originally Posted by Alaska Gray View Post
    Same with the guy who has the ferry at the Russian.

    Wonder if the tractor price goes up anymore how many people will start/chance to launch there on boats?
    Belongs to the Fed parks and recreation. (you're talking about the big green ferry, right?) That's the only one I know of.
    "He who is slow to anger is better than the mighty, and he who rules his spirit is better than he who takes a city." ~ Proverbs 16:32

  9. #9
    Member Alaska Gray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Anchorage, Alaska, United States
    Posts
    4,925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Back Country Robb View Post
    Belongs to the Fed parks and recreation. (you're talking about the big green ferry, right?) That's the only one I know of.
    Yes at the Russian river.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •