Thread: Clamming - Saturday June 7th

Default Clamming - Saturday June 7th

Hi guys,

I know there is good clamming on the low tide tomorrow, but I just have 'general' information.

Can someone tell me specifically where to go?
    And what time low tide is there?

Im in Anchorage so the closest place would be good. Even if that beach does not produce the biggest clams, Im doing it more for the fun...

and a bit of chowda!!!

thanks in advance!

Jonathan
    Random guy in Fly shop: "Where did this happen???? In real life or in Alaska?"

Default claming

soda go to ninilc//./deepcreek dont waste youre time at clam gultch hike as far down the beach as you can chase the tide out watch for dimples and have fun good luck..

And don't ferget yer clam gun!!!
    Them thar clams are mo viscious than the brownies!!!!
    Or so I'm told.

Default Clam Gun

Go big or go home, I'd recommend the 105 MM. Clams can be bloodthirsty so always try to approach them from the rear. If you have one turn on you it's best to fight to the death with Razors Clams but with Steamers it's best to play dead.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrown767 View Post
    it's best to fight to the death with Razors Clams but with Steamers it's best to play dead.
    I thought it was the other way around.

As for mussels I carry mussel spray, marinara scent I think. I find the bells just don't seem to work so why take chances.

Mark

Go big or go home, I'd recommend the 105 MM. Clams can be bloodthirsty so always try to approach them from the rear. If you have one turn on you it's best to fight to the death with Razors Clams but with Steamers it's best to play dead.
    I've found it the other way around. They don't call them Razors for nothin'......

I've seen grown men cut to the bone when those nasty things whip out their blades.........

And whatever you do, stay down wind!!!! If them razors catch your scent they'll charge you in a heartbeat!!! There's nothing scarier than a whole herd of stampeding clams!!!!!

Default Our Clams

Here is our clamming trip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMk5PFvVQ5M

We got our limit in about 1 1/2 hours. Cleaning was another story!